USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
This senior AME role will be a member of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) Industry 4.0 team, which owns and maintains the engineering standards for electrical, automation, robot and test equipment for the company. The Test Systems group specializes in automated equipment to verify production quality commissioned during New Product Introduction (NPI) programs and/ or Run The Plant (RTP) projects to drive product cost out and factory productivity.
What you will Do
Provide advanced manufacturing electrical, instrumentation and test system expertise in leading detailed and comprehensive planning for conceptualization, specification, development and implementation of manufacturing and laboratory test equipment. Responsibilities can extend across all areas of manufacturing and warehouse facilities.
A key liaison between the general equipment project team and test platform developers: informing the quality and operation team members of existing functionalities of the test platform and properly conceptualizing and deploying new use-cases.
Deploy technologies that leverage equipment process data and product verification data in innovative ways to better inform operations and quality to the performance and quality of the product.
Evaluate the process capability of selected sensors for test equipment deployments. Coordinate with quality personnel to ensure process/quality requirements are met and Type I and Type II error rates are bound within acceptable limits. Provide newer methods and technologies when required.
Work with design teams to ensure Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) and Design for Testability (DFT) is considered on part design
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years hands on & relevant test or controls engineering experience with electrical, instrumented manufacturing equipment and processes in a large-scale manufacturing environment
- Prior NPI experience: Systems integration between new product and existing equipment interfaces, with developing new interfaces as required
- Successful design and deployment of products: electrical and computer oriented.
- Working knowledge of operating systems (Windows and Linux), software programming (C#, Java, C++, Python) and distributed architectural structures (server/client, pub/sub, security, web reporting)
- Very creative talent with a proven ability to look past what is currently done and develop a practical, implementable vision for future test systems with a strong history of executing to vision
- Demonstrated capability for troubleshooting unknown issues that lead to corrective actions through root-cause analysis
- Working knowledge of various instrumentation technologies: electrical, fluid, and visual inspection
- Experience managing electromechanical equipment procurement projects: Including specification development, supplier selection, technical reviews, installation and qualification of equipment
- Excellent project tracking and detailed planning skills required
- Ability to work in large cross-functional teams and at multiple levels in the organization (both salaried and shop floor operators / skilled trades team members)
- Good oral and written communication skills – will be expected to provide status report outs to cross-functional team and train other engineers to electrical standards
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of cross-functional program deliverables and ability to drive decisions based on the overall benefit to the company
- Conversational fluency with the Spanish Language
- Experience with Lean manufacturing principles
- Capability to drive Agile processes and Test-Driven Development methodologies
- Travel to satellites facilities will be required averaging 20% annually with brief peaks of 60-80% during new equipment commissioning.
- MS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Experienced in designing and sustaining AWS, SQL or Oracle databases
- Experience with Deep Learning (machine vision), Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or other similar technologies
- Working knowledge of electrical equipment CAD design platforms such as Solidworks Electrical or AutoCAD Electrical
- Experience deploying computer systems for rapid feasibility demonstrations (single-board computers, docker containers, virtual machines, etc)
- Fluency in both Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking technologies including 802.3, 802.11, STP, DNS, DHCP, Subnets, VLAN, VPN, MQTT, OPC-UA, HTTP, Firewalls, and protocol analysis through Wireshark
- Developed projects using .NET Framework, .NET Core, MVVM, or WPF programming technologies
- Working knowledge of Data analysis software platforms such as MiniTab, SAS, R Project, Jupyter Notebook or equivalent
- Understanding of various data encoding schemes such as XML, JSON, Protobuf, etc
- Expertise implementing solutions in cloud-based architectural platforms (ex. Amazon Web Services or Azure)
- Ability for designing intuitive web interfaces that serve multiple facets of the business
- Six Sigma Certification
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.