This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Bloomington IN US, Chicago IL US 5, Evansville IN US, Marietta (GEA) GA US, Memphis (GEA) TN US, Other AR US, Other GA US, Other IA US, Other IL US, Other IN US, Other KY US, Other MO US, Other MS US, Other OH US, Other OK US, Other TN US, Selmer(CONIND) TN US
Job Posting Title
Sr. Metrology Engineer - Gage Design
As the Sr. Metrology Engineer - Gage Design, you'll support the Central Metrology Group located in Louisville, KY to shape the strategy and drive the integration functional gages, fixtures, and in-line process checks.
What you will Do
Considered the metrology subject matter expert (sme) for gage & fixture design.
Leverage dimensional engineering practices to predictively optimize product quality design to achieve world class fit, finish, and craftsmanship.
Responsible for effective manufacturing plant metrology and gaging operations.
Reviews the requirements per program and establishes the needed dimensional requirements to adhere to the customer needs.
Supports metrology gaging documentation in GEA quality management systems.
Supports the advanced quality engineering and supplier quality engineering team in product and development standards with respect to functional gages.
Drive functional gd&t ppap inspection for npi/capacity.
Anticipates and updates capacity planning activities for functional gaging.
Ensures the continuous improvement of the functional gaging throughout GE appliances.
Assist with identification of key function interfaces for parts and assemblies, conduct dimensional risk assessment early in the development cycle to ensure the overall product dimensional requirements can be achieved.
What you need to Succeed
- 5+ years metrology engineering or dimensional engineering experience
- Extensive knowledge in gage design and build process- Production gages, CMM holding fixtures, and 3D scanning fixtures.
- Proven tooling background relative to GD&T guided check and assembly fixtures.
- Knowledge in general operational Ergonomics in a production environment.
- Proven knowledge in gage R&R, SPC, process capabilities and other MSA processes.
- Skilled in automotive quality processes including applying and leveraging the advanced product quality planning (APQP) process per the AIAG standards.
- Skilled reading, interpreting, and applying geometric dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5 GD&T 2009 standard- Technologist certification preferred.
- Self-starter, innovative, willingness to develop and implement new digital engineering tools and practices.
- Sound communication skills, proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to work in Louisville, KY
- Machine/tooling shop CNC processes.
- Background in dimensional software data collection packages: CM4D, PolyWorks, Pro-Link, Minitab, and GOM Atos.
- Knowledge in part and assembly modeling using PTC Creo or similar.
- Skilled the application of model-based definition, interpreting and managing designs using digital product definition methodologies and standards in accordance with the ASME Y14.41 standard.
- Proficient in working with digital tools and working in digital engineering environments.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.