USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Service Execution Senior Manager - Air and Water Solutions
The Advanced Service Operations team has an exciting opportunity for an exceptional leader who is passionate about supporting new product launches and being an integral part of cross-functional teams for Air and Water New Product Introductions (NPI). The Senior Manager, Service Execution – Air and Water (also known as the Service Execution Leader) is an active member of the product line’s extended staff and acts as a liaison between the NPI teams (Sourcing, Technology, Product Management, and Quality) and the Consumer Operations teams (Factory Service, ASI, Parts Microenterprise, and Ownership Experience). The primary responsibility of this person is to ensure serviceability and part availability for new products prior to a new model release. As part of the Consumer Operations team, this person advocates for Service Technicians, the Technical Assistance Group (TAG), ASI call center agents, the Parts Microenterprise, and the owners, ensuring service part availability and readiness for product launches and design/quality changes. This person will also lead a team including one Service Parts Analyst.
What you will Do
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Execute the Service section of the NPI iP assessment tool in coordination with NPI Program Managers to ensure service readiness of all AA, A, and B NPI programs for the Air and Water Product Lines.
Manage and provide oversight of service readiness coordinating cross functional activity in managing the processes required to support new product introductions (NPI) and applicable product changes (C-Change). Specific process areas:
- Service delivery
- Overall model serviceability
- Ensure service training plan for technicians
- Technical Assistance Group (TAG)
- Concession support
- Service diagnostics recommendations
- Software updates
- Engage the Service EHS/Ergo team on plans for Technician safety
- Impact assessment for ASI call centers
- Provide work direction to direct reports for cataloging, technical illustrations, and new item set up
- Consumer relations (CR) support
- Service Ownership Experience
Coach and mentor the Service Parts Analyst by providing opportunities for skills growth.
- Support the Service Parts Analyst in development of service part cataloging, documentation, C-Change execution the product line.
Collaborate with Consumer Operations and the various Air and Water Product Lines providing updates to key stakeholders and engaging the appropriate resources on key product life cycle issues which affect:
- Parts life cycle
- Service productivity
- Consumer experience with GEA Service
Coordinate with NPI Service Product Specialist and the TAG Leader assigned to the product line/microenterprise to confirm model serviceability, develop training materials, and author field communications
Provide diligent response to field service questions concerning parts cataloging.
- Continuously improve cataloging activity to improve accuracy and reduce future field service questions.
Work cross-functionally with the Parts Microenterprise to support continuous improvement of business processes on the following:
- New item creation policies and procedures
- Part availability for NPI parts
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years prior work experience
- Experience/knowledge of the Appliances NPI and CIB processes
- Possesses strong HVAC and sealed systems knowledge
- Experience managing a program or project; familiarity with project management tools
- Comfortable leading change in a cross-functional environment
- Proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple and competing priorities with tight deadlines
- Analytical/detail oriented
- Continuous improvement/problem solving mindset
- Functional use of Windchill, Agile, Oracle and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Air and Water product knowledge with a background in Technology, Quality, or Product Management
- Preferably 5+ years of GE Appliances experience in one or more of the following areas: Technology, Service/Consumer Operations, HVAC and sealed systems Product Management, or Quality
- Ability to lead through influence across multiple functions and organizational levels, strong communication, teamwork, facilitation, problem resolution, and conflict management skills
- Experience leading and developing direct reports
- Understanding of the Consumer Operations teams (Advanced Service Operations, Factory Service, Parts Microenterprise, Ownership Experience and ASI)
- Advanced degrees in Engineering or Business or project management certifications
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Infrequent travel required for domestic and/or international travel to customer sites/ plants, etc.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.