Senior Packaging Engineer
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9189
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Packaging Engineer
This opportunity is for a Senior Packaging Engineer Leader to oversee the design, development and implementation of various New Refrigeration Product Packaging Designs.
What you will Do
- Oversee the end-to-end packaging designs for our latest New Products within Refrigeration
- Lead others in packaging best practices and mentor less experienced engineers
- Develop test plans to complete qualification for new or change in design. Manage part design, drawing release and evaluation to meet program milestones
- Utilize FEA Analysis to develop robust pack designs
- Interface with Distribution Quality to develop root cause and corrective actions for pack related damage
- Partner with Supply Chain and Logistics to drive projects to enable the most efficient delivery of parts and products possible without sacrificing part quality or manufacturability
- Manage project schedules, evaluation, and implementation of new designs.
- Manage resolution of technical issues, problem analysis and use failure reporting, analysis and corrective action system (FRACAS) rigor to close any test failures.
- Utilize GD&T and Design for Reliability (DFR) methodology to prove and implement new and modified designs.
- Provide design direction and development plans of protective packaging containers, and dunnage
- Interface with a cross functional group of engineering, marketing, sales, quality, distribution, sourcing, and manufacturing
- Own and maintain design documentation and performance transfer functions for your concepts and prototypes.
- Provide leadership in understanding of industry standards and specifications with regards to conformance, codes, methods and performance related tests.
- Assist in vendor selection and vendor management
- Manage project budgets, risks, and change management
- Lead project reviews to ensure design intent and regulatory approval.
- Provide packaging technical guidance within Engineering Business Change Discussions
What you need to Succeed
- Self-starting leader with 7 or more years of product design experience with excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering; or equivalent work experience with evidence of exceptional ability
- Willing to travel up to 25% to ensure program success with a higher percentage during builds and ability to hold off work hour conference calls with global suppliers.
- Must be a “hands-on” leader that is able to work within a manufacturing setting
- Advanced computer skills - high proficiency in Microsoft products. Ability to grasp new systems quickly.
- Strong project management and analytical/problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to scope and analyze cross-functional problems to generate/implement solutions
- Experience with designing to standards such as Mil-Spec and ASTM
- Strong understanding of packaging testing
- Team player with strong process and continuous improvement mindset
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social