Central Quality Process Senior Manager
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9200
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Central Quality Process Senior Manager
The Central Quality Process Senior Manager (CQE) will develop and drive the implementation of the GE Appliances’ Quality Management System (QMS) within the manufacturing operations, ensuring the alignment of operating standards across all plants. The CQE examines and coaches on the organization-wide use of the QMS and NPI 9-Step Process; partners with plant operations to drive improvement and close identified gaps. The CQE will be responsible to drive successful NPI processes, present project statuses, drive process improvement and positively impact Cost of Quality (COQ).
What you will Do
- Provide support to plant personnel and NPI teams to implement and execute upon the Quality Management System (QMS), driving improved quality, safety and reliability in products and processes.
- Ensure plant teams are knowledgeable of and adhering to the Quality Policy, the Quality System Manual and the Quality System Procedures (QSP’s).
- Lead digitization of the QMS in the sites, to include audit web, and EOLA
- Ensure sites are containing plant quality issues, and efforts are in place to protect defects from reaching consumers
- Ensure plant personnel are reviewing QSP's, and clarify QSP intent and content.
- Identify areas of focus within the QSP for the plants. Provide feedback to the QSP authors when changes are needed based on plant situations.
- Assist with document conversion to the standardized templates within Windchill.
- Teach plant teams the new standards per the QSP's.
- Identify gaps to QSP requirements and help define plan to address the gaps.
- Coach cross-functional teams on the creation of QMS documentation that is compliant with the QSP's.
- Utilize lessons-learned from internal/external failures to drive systemic improvements.
- Author and update QSP’s as assigned to capture required changes.
- Support manufacturing operations in maintaining the Quality Management System (QMS), including ISO certifications, and prepare Plant Quality team for external surveillance audits and re-certifications. Provide in-person support for internal and external audits.
- Facilitate, coach and teach the 9-Step Process to the cross-functional plant teams as required. Provide feedback on the QMS and NPI processes to aid in process implementation/compliance.
- Assist in plant process area audits in achievement of annual internal audit schedule and to understand area compliance with QMS requirements, and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate on opportunities to determine the optimal business standards and methods to standardize these practices.
- Lead/manage all-plant QMS meetings to deliver QMS changes needed to support business objectives.
What you need to Succeed
- BS in Engineering or related field
- 7 years of experience in a fast paced/high volume manufacturing environment
- ISO 9001 auditor certification internal
- Understanding of core tools including APQP, PPAP, SPC, MSA, FMEA, and control plans
- Understanding of problem solving methodologies
- Experience with design and evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop, manage, and implement aggressive project plans
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Proven self-starter; takes initiative to identify and drive change.
- Process driven experience
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Experience with Quality Management Systems, and quality processes.
- Strong Leadership and Project Management skills to align cross-functional team to drive projects across the business
- 10 years of experience in a fast paced/high volume manufacturing environment
- Lead auditor certified for ISO 9001
- Implementation or sustainment of a Quality Management System
- Experience in the implementation of core tools including APQP, PPAP, SPC, MSA, FMEA, and development of control plans
- Understanding of special processes including laser welding, sealed systems, fabrication, injection molding, and assembly
- Experience using tools to identify root cause (8D, DMAIC, 5 Whys, etc.)
- Past experience in root cause problem solving and mistake proofing
- Experience within GEA Manufacturing or GEA Supplier Quality
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
- Up to 25% travel may be required for domestic and/or international travel to supplier sites/ plant as well as customer sites on an as needed basis for auditing sites.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social