Responsible for the development and deployment of the overall Sourcing and Distribution learning strategy, in alignment with the larger business strategy, to address performance
gaps and opportunities across the global department.
· Lead, develop, and coach the Sourcing leadership staff to identify
functional learning needs and develop innovative learning solutions for
key technical and non-technical roles.
· Partner with Sourcing, Distribution and HR leaders to further develop competency
models for key roles, and then learning plans based on those competency
· Oversee the analysis, instructional design, development, implementation
and evaluation of all souring learning solutions and curriculums based on 35%
adult learning principles while leveraging functional subject-matter expertise.
· Host reoccurring meetings with the Sourcing Training Steering Committee to facilitate communication of training opportunities and to ensure training priorities are being properly elevated.
· Engage in regular Supply Chain Learning Council and Enterprise Learning Team meetings to ensure Sourcing priorities are being addressed, to share and learn Best Practices, and to stay informed of training opportunities for Sourcing team members.
Oversee the development and deployment of Sourcing and Distribution training content.
· Lead, develop, and coach internal and cross-functional subject-matter
experts as required to assist them in the creation of effective training
content to fill key Sourcing training needs.
· Digitally record live training classes, edit resulting video, and transform
into digestible content for effective online delivery to remote team
· Ensure training content can be easily created and made accessible for
Sourcing and Distribution leaders, but also act as quality control for published materials to
support the integrity of the curriculum.
· Coordinate with cross-functional training leaders and Enterprise Learning
Team to address broad Sourcing skill gaps.
· Work to establish helpful learning paths for Sourcing team members who
are seeking external industry certifications.
· When necessary, work with external training vendors to develop and
deliver high-value content for Sourcing competency areas. Manage the relationship with ISM.
· When possible, personally design and deliver training content to address
identified skill gaps.
Act as functional administrator for training programs and systems.
· Oversee the Learning Management System (LMS) for the Sourcing and Distribution
functions and ensure full utilization to communicate training requirements
and assign training based on role.
· Ensure training completion and investment is properly tracked for internal
and external reporting.
· Build and maintain functional training curriculum in the LMS by role.
· Assist subject-matter experts in the deployment of newly-developed
content in the LMS.
· Develop and maintain the Sourcing University SharePoint site to help
communicate requirements and opportunities for the Sourcing team.
· Help Sourcing team members address any training-related systems
issues that may arise.
· Assist new employees as required to ensure they understand their training
requirements, are aware of training opportunities available to them, and
have been trained on the operation of the LMS, Sourcing University
SharePoint site and similar Distribution site.
· Lead planning for special Sourcing learning events, such as ISM
negotiations training courses.
· Partner with cross-functional training leaders to develop communication
plans and promotions for Sourcing training activities and events.
· BA/BS degree from an accredited university or college.
· 4 years of progressive experience within a Learning and Development discipline.
· Experience developing a comprehensive functional learning strategy.
· Demonstrated experience utilizing best practices in workforce and technical skill development.
· Proficiency in Learning Management Systems.
· Ability to coach and develop people at all levels, groups and individuals. Can collaborate cross-functionally to gain an in-depth understanding of the Sourcing organization and its related developmental needs.
· Highly creative problem solving skills, coupled with exceptional process, project management, analytical and execution skills
· Strong demonstrated writing, facilitation, and verbal communication skills, articulating complex ideas in an easy to understand manner to all levels of the organization
· Acute awareness of adult learning theory and instructional design principles
· Demonstrated experience in curriculum development including e-learning course development
· Experience with change management of large initiatives; able to handle multiple priorities; initiate, lead and manage change.
· Highly results- and customer-oriented
· Open to change and input from diverse workforce
· Master’s degree in Human Resources, Learning & Development, Business Administration or related course of study.
· 6 years of progressive experience within a Learning and Development discipline, with at least 2 years of experience developing and administering training within a Manufacturing industry.
· Some travel may be required.
· Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
· Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.