USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Site Supplier Quality Engineer - Plastics and Packaging
Serve as the primary Supplier Quality liaison for Plastics and Packaging between the plant-based Cost of Quality (COQ) team and the Sourcing/Supplier Quality Organization.
What you will Do
Lead suppliers to ensure industry leading quality supplier parts are delivered to the assembly line on time, in correct quantities and at competitive costs. Track permanent resolution of manufacturing issues (PPM rejects) and consumer issues (Service Calls) caused by supplier defects.
Work closely with manufacturing site and suppliers to identify problems, implement containment plans, complete failure analysis, identify root cause, implement sustainable solutions, and validate benefits.
Partner with supplier and GE Appliances operations teams to use Lean Six Sigma to implement projects improving customer satisfaction while eliminating waste.
Support supplier part failure analysis process in the plant and leverage findings to drive supplier containment activities and permanent corrective actions.
Support supplier quality initiatives including liaison with SQE and Sourcing teams in developing solutions to fix-or-exit problematic suppliers by implementing robust corrective actions or qualifying alternate suppliers.
Support New Product Introduction (NPI) and Mission 1 programs with launches on schedule with industry leading quality.
- Champion the use of quality tools, available data to identify and drive quality projects across all suppliers resulting in the overall improvement of supplier value to GEA (delivery, quality, cost).
- Lead Supplier Quality initiatives within assigned commodity group, and develop activities to fix-or-exit problematic suppliers by implementing robust corrective actions or qualifying alternate suppliers.
- Monitor and resolve supplier process control performance issues by developing robust quality control plans and implementing sustainable corrective actions.
- Drive permanent resolution of manufacturing issues and consumer issues caused by supplier defects.
- Lead projects involving supplier moves, process and material changes. Support design change projects.
What you need to Succeed
- BS Engineering degree or equivalent technical experience.
- 2 years' Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Technical experience.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and operational
- leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop, manage and implement aggressive project plans with both global and domestic suppliers.
- Strong shop floor/manufacturing experience and comfort level.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to drive change.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and collaborative skills.
- Self-starter; with the initiative to identify and implement new ideas.
- Ability to define and develop processes and solutions in team-based manufacturing environment.
- Strong background in applying statistical quality control tools for process and product controls (SPC, Gage R&R, Process Capability, Process FMEA, 8D, 5 Why/7ways).
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (<5%)
- 3-5 years of plant/ high volume manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of Appliances manufacturing processes and/or similar high-volume assembly processes.
- Experience & training in Lean manufacturing practices.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Prior experience in a union environment.
- Experience working with SCR/warranty/field data.
- Desire to work in plant/manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of Supplier Quality Systems and processes.
- Working conditions are normal for an operational or factory environment.
- As-needed travel required for domestic to customer sites/ plants, etc
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.