Senior Advanced Quality Engineer
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9212
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Advanced Quality Engineer
The Senior Advanced Quality Engineer (AQE) will support the Roper APEX NPI Program, focusing on assembly, operator decisions and packaging as well as supporting tool qualifications. They will be responsible to drive successful New Product Introduction (NPI) processes, present project statuses, drive process improvement and positively impact Cost of Quality (COQ). The Sr AQE will further develop and use quality testing processes like APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) and DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) to measure and ensure new high-volume manufacturing processes are ready for use. The Sr AQE owns the quality initiatives on new parts, processes, testing and NPI product design to set the factory up for sustainable long-term ownership and success.
What you will Do
- Lead APQP, including responsibility for the PPAP of in-house equipment and parts primarily associated with NPI, with limited supervision.
- Own the APQP process to plan, specify, procure, certify, and implement into production high quality, cost effective, right-sized manufacturing processes including product testing, fixtures, line side gauging, go/no-go, measurement plans, and equipment.
- Responsible for the NPI iP checklists and completing and reporting on AQE responsible items prior to the reviews.
- Lead cross-functional PFMEA’s to understand the risks of new part/product/process changes and ensure they are mitigated appropriately by product launch.
- Must work collaboratively with both salaried and hourly personnel in a cross-functional team environment to meet the needs of the operators, the program, and the business.
- Interfacing with team leaders to develop job instruction and define what is critical. Define the jobs through standard work and job instructions.
- Balance the communication between product design and manufacturing to ensure all issues get addressed with minimal surprises to achieve world class manufacturing goals.
- Ensure all process involvement meets or exceeds ISO, UL, and GEA standards
- Understand GEA product testing requirements and ensure the established testing and quality plans meet the product specifications.
- Understand GEA technical drawings, both MBD/GD&T and linear dimensions, and ensure the quality plans established meet the drawing specifications.
- Develop and implement all technical documentation or modifications for the new items introduced including the quality control plan required for an ISO certified plant (MCP’s, MCI’s, FRM’s, etc.)
- Drive COQ improvements: scrap, factory yield, concessions, damage, and service calls.
- Work cross-functionally with Design, Quality, Manufacturing, LEAN, Marketing, EHS, Service, etc.
- Develop and implement quality test plans for the factory to execute, ensuring sustained control of Critical to Quality and Critical Process features.
- Project manage the scoping, definition, and implementation of quality improvements for strategic and operational programs.
- Provide technical leadership & in-depth expertise to investigate, initiate and drive the development, procurement, and implementation of equipment & processes for manufacturing.
- Sr AQE support for total cost take out and run the plant projects. Collaborate with CIB chair for quality improvement and project execution.
- Responsible for the NPI iP checklists and completing/reporting out on AQE responsible items for the reviews.
- The Sr AQE role requires an extremely strong understanding of the people and how the current processes work. The role of the Sr AQE is to work with a cross functional team to implement a new part, product, or process with a ‘turnkey’ sustainable quality process at product launch for the factory to agree to and take ownership of executing.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Engineering preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a high-volume manufacturing operation.
- Computer literate, highly skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Agile, etc
- Experience using APQP and PPAP to qualify parts and processes.
- Experience with NPI process and reporting on AQE responsible items.
- Experience interpreting data to solve manufacturing problems.
- Experience managing projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in metrology / measurement.
- Experienced using, programming, and interpreting CMM/3D scanning/metrology systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient with understanding both coordinate and geometric GD&T drawings.
- Experience in implementing Lean process improvements in high volume manufacturing operations.
- Experienced in using the APQP process to plan, specify, procure, certify, and implement high quality, cost effective, right-sized manufacturing processes such as fixtures, line side gauging, go/no-go, measurement plans, and equipment.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification proficient with Minitab
- Working conditions will include both office environment and plant floor.
- Normal work hours will be 8-5 but may be altered to match plant operations or other schedules.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Up to 25% travel may be require when qualifying parts or equipment. This could be domestic or international travel.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social