Principal Electronics Engineer
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9221
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Principal Electronics Engineer
The Principal Clothes Care Electronics Engineer will lead the development of electronic controls and harnesses for the Laundry Micro-enterprise. This role will be challenged with creating innovative solutions to meet aggressive design, cost, reliability, and manufacturability requirements. This role is responsible for development and cost/quality improvement efforts from concept design, prototype design, reliability verification, and transition to production. This role is located in Louisville, KY.
What you will Do
- System and hardware design of electronics controls for laundry applications.
- Develop and execute comprehensive electronics design schedule, evaluation plan, build plan, P&A lists and Parts tracker.
- Must be able to effectively identify and manage cross-project dependencies to ensure successful project execution. Identify key resources for all aspects of the project and escalate any gaps that may exist.
- Lead technical electronics design reviews with the senior consulting engineer.
- Coordinate electronics design requirements across multiple Laundry Micro-enterprise programs.
- Ensures regulatory approval of controls (UL, FCC, etc.).
- Coordinate with global engineering resources on the execution of program deliverables.
- Manage control fabrication and qualification with the selected contract manufacturer(s).
- Participate in scoping activities for new programs, features, and/or cost out opportunities.
- Own the development of all project documentation, including specifications and drawings.
- Drive FRACAS report closure and provides technical guidance to team for the more challenging / difficult issues.
- Report out progress via weekly pulsing meetings.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 10 years of experience designing embedded electronic controls.
- Strong electronic hardware design experience and good understanding of firmware/software development processes.
- Demonstrated project planning and project leadership skills and experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools.
- Experience in resolving issues regarding EMI/EMC.
- Experience in meeting regulatory requirements (UL).
- Occasional travel is required.
- Demonstrated experience in product design.
- Experience in working with global design teams.
- Experience reliability engineering methodology to prove and implement electronic control designs.
- Familiarity with code board standards and regulatory requirements as they apply to laundry products.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social