Deliver new capabilities through Application software and driving value attainment for consumers.
• Responsible for contribution to design, documentation, implementation, validation and support for critical IoT applications/frameworks.
• Participate in developing and implementing capabilities for the Appliances SmartHome Solutions' IoT application landscape.
• Build SmartHome Solutions application modules and on-going evolution ensuring maintenance of current stability, reliability, performance, flexibility, and capacity.
• Comply with industry best practice for system implementation and technical architecture standards.
• Plan, develop, size, design, implement and test solution components.
• Hands-on engineering of difficult and complex sections of the application.
• DevOps - Ownership of the full lifecycle of the platform/modules/program: brainstorming, development, delivery, maintenance and decommissioning.
• Produce detailed functional and technical software specification documents for scalable applications.
• Follow best practices for maximum code reuse, testability, application integration, performance, reliability, manageability and security.
• Assist development of re-usable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restore, etc.
• Work on a high velocity team that is expected to deliver solutions in a few weeks from concept to delivery.
• Take an automation first approach to streamline processes.
• Assist with incident response, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem resolution.
• Perform software upgrades and installations as required in support of cloud strategy and business priorities
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or 1+ years of experience in software development in lieu of a degree.
• Familiarity with NoSQL DBMS.
• Familiarity with Structured and Object-Oriented Software Development Methodologies including Requirements Analysis, Object Orient Analysis, Process and Data Modeling, Logical and Physical system design.
• Familiarity with software and Infrastructure Change Management, Release Management, and Source Code Configuration Control including knowledge of CI/CD tools and processes.
• Familiarity with performance tuning applications.
• Experience with Git
• Ability to reason through complex situations with strength in identifying and mitigating risks.
• Ability to build / maintain strong relationships, effectively partner with peers, and possess excellent verbal / written communication skills.
• Strong prioritization skills required to manage all in-flight and pending tasks appropriately.
• Desire to continually learn.
• Proficient in Amazon Web Services technologies with at least 1 associate certification. • Experience in Unix/Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Java. • Experience using standard tools and techniques (ssh, bash, unix scripting, sed/awk, perl, etc). • Experience training and maintaining Machine Learning models using various ML frameworks. • Experience in Agile Software Development. • Experience in application frameworks. • Experience in application testing technologies. • Analytics experience with large amounts of real time data. • Strong strategic thinker who can translate strategies into solutions with concrete actions & tactical plans. • Self-starter with an ability to solve problems with little or no direction. • Familiarity with and experience implementing Open Source Software • Comfortable making local decisions when needed • Strong analytical and problem solving abilities • Process-oriented and committed to superior quality and customer service
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.