Quality Floor Leader (2nd Shift)
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9246
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Quality Floor Leader (2nd Shift)
The Quality Floor Leader owns, executes and ensures compliance to the factory floor Quality Operating System. Monitors scrap data, End Of Line Audit process and audit rate, escalates issues as needed and manages Union based Quality team.
What you will Do
- Lead & direct Union based Quality Analysts to ensure compliance of the Quality Plan. Ensure processes and testing are performed according to the MCP/MCI/visual standards and data collected as prescribed.
- Supervise employees by partnering with site Human Resources team to ensure fair and consistent administration of policies and processes.
- Create and update standardized work for Quality roles which includes but is not limited to: Manufacturing Control Plans (MCPs), Manufacturing Control Instructions (MCIs), and Forms (FRMs).
- Live, promote and teach the Appliance Performance System philosophy and drive continuous improvement.
- Areas to audit: Changeovers, new operators, Critical To Quality jobs, Priority Part jobs, test and repair procedures, embargo effectiveness.
- Serve as a Level 2 escalation resource to quality issues. Support Quality Tech’s, Shop Operations, Team Leaders, and operators on resolution of issues such as acceptance standards, repair standards and containment of issues.
- Support countermeasures and escalate specification issues to address concerns. Make decisions in times of differing opinions as to what is the appropriate standard and deploy corrective and preventative actions, as required.
- Train and coach Shop Operations, Quality team and Process Improvement Engineers to quality acceptance and repair standards as needed.
- Manage Quality team to ensure timely accounting of rejects and scrap into QA system.
- Analyze scrap reports to make sure they’re entered and to identify things that need to be addressed. Provide technical support and guidance to troubleshoot, analyze and drive actions to improve process yields and reduce scrap using Lean Six Sigma.
- Focus on problem solving efforts of multiple teams to resolve run the plant quality issues for both internal to the plant and supplier focused issues.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related discipline OR equivalent 5 years’ of demonstrated success in manufacturing quality disciplines
- Experience with manufacturing quality/NPI quality projects and process improvement
- Experience interpreting data to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Computer literate and skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Six Sigma Certified
- Quality Leadership experience
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Experience in appliance or similar high-volume manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with regulatory or notified bodies for quality management systems: E.g. ISO, TUV, etc.
- High-volume manufacturing environment.
- This environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
- These roles will require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Travel will be limited but trips to other manufacturing locations, may be scheduled
- This position will be in AP1 Louisville, KY.
- Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends may be required.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social