IND, Bangalore, KA, India
| ID: REQ-9239
IND, Bangalore, KA
Job Posting Title
Analyse patents / non-patent literature pertaining to major home appliances across the globe and identify the opportunities / risks for GE Appliances a Haier company and Group Companies.
What you will Do
- Work in well-coordination with a team of attorneys and technologists.
- Assess competitive position, perform clearance (FTO) analysis for new product introductions and provide relevant conclusions and recommendations to technologists, technology management and legal personnel located across the globe.
- Support creating and managing strategic and tactical IP assets for the Appliances business
- Support develop patent and technology landscapes, identify “white spaces”, technology roadmaps Non- patent literature search to conduct technology landscape
- Support Haier businesses across globe to enhance patent claims, patent interpretation, portfolio enhancements
- Portfolio assessments and legal tracking
- Support validity and invalidity search as needed
What you need to Succeed
- Overall experience of 4–8 years within IP searching and analysis using Derwent Innovation and open literature.
- Must have individual hands on experience of conducting 25+ FTO searches (Not co-ordination or as a Team) in multiple jurisdictions and good hands on with Novelty searches (50+) and landscapes
- Must have strong FTO exposure in at least 2 of the below areas including
- IOT/Connected: Technology, parts, subsystems, algorithms, software
- Mechanical: subsystems, mechanism, structure
- Hydraulics, suspensions, dampers, balancing system, pumps
- Electrical/electronic: Controls, UI, different motors, compressors, components and circuits, diagnostics, sensors
- Experience in product domain & knowledge in industry close to Appliances will be an added advantage. Having experience in Design searches will be an advantage too.
- Have a Bachelors / Masters degree from a leading institution in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Computer engineering or a related discipline
- Certified on patent analysis by leading global intellectual property training institutes such as WON/GO, PRG will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in Python/ R / macros in MS Excel and VB would be a valuable plus
- Able to work independently and with team as needed with limited guidance and under tight timelines
- Demonstration of flexibility to accommodate changing business priorities
- Excellent analytical, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social