This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Sr. Programming Analyst, Manufacturing Systems
This role will support and develop manufacturing systems needed for MES applications to support and enhance factory and fabrication operations, engage with business leaders and users to understand how data-driven changes to process, products, services, software and hardware can improve efficiencies and add value.
What you will Do
- Support and develop manufacturing systems needed for Manufacturing MES applications which would include implementing standard and consistent practices.
- Manage IT projects through all phases of the development life cycle including design, programming, simulation, testing and start-up.
- Develop features and user stories within an Agile development environment.
- Responsible for identifying and configuring all MES hardware required to meet the needs of the Factory Operations team.
- Responsible for identifying production and quality process variables to be monitored in the MES application.
- Responsible for Data collection and visualization of the information to enable end users with the ability to understand factory data and key production indicators.
- Responsible for validation of the data flow and data integrity.
- Interface with end-users to document functional requirements and work with cross-functional teams to deliver robust technical solutions in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Provide detailed scoping (functional specs, technical specs, costs, schedules, etc) for MES projects and successfully manage them through completion.
- Provide detailed documentation upon project completion to ensure systems are supportable.
- Provide training, resolve issues, and develop system enhancements for existing factory information systems.
- Interface with IT teams to ensure standard practices are adhered to and drive compliance.
What you need to Succeed
- University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be end-user focused and customer-service oriented.
- Ability to train and work with end users with a variety of levels of computer experience and abilities.
- Experience in Development tools such as SQL, Visual Studio C++, Powershell and Webapi.
- Experience in developing reports in report writers such as Crystal Reports.
- Project management/implementation experience
- Experience in a manufacturing plant environment
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to collaborate with a wide range of functions at all levels.
- Project Management skills for issue tracking and resolution
- High initiative self-starter, as well as results and schedule oriented.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and interact effectively with multifunctional/multicultural teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or technical field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in continuous improvement to manufacturing business processes with specific experience on Factory Information Systems projects or Equipment Control systems in all phases of the development cycle.
- Experience with Dassault Systems IQMS application in an Injection Molding Plant is preferred.
- Knowledge of HMI, or SCADA logic and programming with any of the following software packages: GE Cimplicity, Rockwell/Allen Bardley, Siemens etc.
- Experience interfacing hardware and software to support factory floor systems, includes PLCs, PCs, bar code scanners, vision systems, RFID and label printers.
- Experience working with GE SCADA software and PLCs
- Sound understanding of LEAN manufacturing concepts
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification preferred
- Experience in an Agile Development environment
- Familiarity with AWS products and specifications
- Experience with machine learning, and AI
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.