Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
LaFayette, GA, United States
| ID: REQ-9293
USA, LaFayette, GA
Job Posting Title
Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
The Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (AME) is a member of the AME Team supporting New Product Introduction (NPI), Cost-Out and Plant Productivity projects. This critical position is key to continuing successful NPI launches of Connected Home appliances and to reshoring of manufacturing to the US. Applicants for this role need to be mechanical equipment experts with strong assembly and workstation design knowledge who enjoy leading change. The AME shall develop, manage and execute capital equipment and high-volume manufacturing process projects to meet required budget and launch schedules. The AME is a key liaison between NPI programs and the factory operations teams; ensuring plant priorities and objectives are clearly understood and considered. This includes providing input for design for manufacturability, applying lean principles to process designs and transferring process knowledge to the applicable factory personnel.
This position is be located at the Roper Corporation Cooking Products facility in Lafayette, Georgia. Relocation assistance may be offered.
What you will Do
- Coordinate and manage capital equipment procurement projects: Including specification development utilizing GEA & industry standards, supplier selection, early supplier engagement, technical reviews, factory layout development, installation and qualification of equipment. Ensure all tooling and equipment is reliable and robust and designed to maximize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Own the program metrics as applicable to your assigned projects: capital equipment & tooling budgets, program schedule, reliability, quality and labor targets. Work with the program team to perform trade-off analysis on competing metrics if necessary and drive decisions based on overall business impact.
- Facilitate/lead the use of the Production Preparation Process (3P) and Lean manufacturing principles while developing manufacturing equipment and processes. Utilize cross-functional participation to ensure that the equipment and processes are compatible with the entire value stream. Efforts should include: right-sized equipment, workstation design, material presentation, standard work and single piece flow.
Standards and Compliance:
- Ensure all equipment executed in GEA factories comply with Industry and Governmental Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) standards.
- Utilize Human Organizational Performance (HOP) principles to ensure that all equipment / tooling / processes are implemented with the health and safety of the operators in mind.
- Work with functional leaders to ensure equipment & processes support business initiatives of Bill of Process (BoP), Lean Manufacturing, Ergonomic Design and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Work with factory operations and Lean teams to understand the Value Stream and how your projects impact this. Ensure material flow, workstation set up, model mix, etc. are considered when workstations / equipment are designed.
- Utilize the 9-Step Process for tooling and equipment design; consult Critical Process leaders as applicable to ensure development of robust processes for part / product generation. Work with cross-functional team to develop Manufacturing Control Plans (MCP) and Manufacturing Control Instructions (MCI).
- Work with design team to ensure Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) is considered on part design.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- 5 to 7+ years of experience with procurement, testing, installation of manufacturing equipment and process improvement
- Significant experience in one of the following areas and some experience at least two other areas: mechanical equipment installation, standardized work, assembly line design, workstation design
- BS degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience with assembly line design, automation and customized fabrication equipment and manufacturing processes
- Experience with implementing Lean process improvement in a manufacturing operation
- Prior NPI program experience
- Six Sigma Certification
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Scheduler (or equivalent) and AutoCAD
- Working conditions are normal for a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds and working in and around heavy equipment.
- Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
- These roles will require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Periodic travel to equipment/process suppliers will be required.
- Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends will be required.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social