Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Louisville, KY, United States
| Information Technology
| ID: REQ-9300
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Network is responsible for the architecture, design, and installation of large-scale, high-availability global enterprise voice, video, data, and storage networks. Responsible for network technologies in Data Center, Call Center, Distribution Center, Manufacturing plants and across multiple clouds.
What you will Do
- Lead projects that deliver network solutions that support business, warehousing, and manufacturing needs in a secure and efficient manner.
- Architect, design and deploy company LANs, WANs, wireless, and storage area networks; including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain current on developments in the networking industry.
- Define and implement a SD WAN solution that supports global operations. Moreover, leverage SD WAN to drive business continuity by allowing sites to run independently.
- Define, document, and enforce network standards.
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services at competitive rates.
- Configure and install network devices and services (router, switches, firewalls, etc.)
- If required, provide Level 3 network support.
What you need to Succeed
- Minimum 5 years of networking experience that includes architecture, operational support, hands-on implementation, and configuration of network infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
- Cisco CCNP, CCNA certifications
- Vast working knowledge of OSI model, EIGRP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, IP telephony, multicast, IP Subnetting.
- Advanced Wireless Skillset, Certification a Plus
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer-related field, or equivalent based on industry experience
- Has a strong understanding of cabling standards, IP address management, VPN, Firewalls, network security, wireless and network management platforms
- Demonstrated success in building infrastructure in the public cloud and deploying utilizing technologies such as AWS CloudFormation Python, Docker, Kubernetes on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Engineering-level documentation and communication skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Minimum of 1-year experience with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, F5 Load balancers
- 7 years of overall experience in network architecture and design.
- Experience design networks for a multi-site company
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social