Senior Manager, Distribution Systems
Marietta, GA, United States
| Information Technology
| ID: REQ-9043
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Manager, Distribution Systems
The Digital Technology Senior Manager, Distribution Systems is responsible for developing and leading a strategy for Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) for Finished Goods & Parts Warehouses, Distribution Quality and Transportation. This role will build partnerships with business leaders and lead team members to convert business requirements into functional specifications to define system/product criteria. This role will possess deep understanding of the Distribution and Warehousing domain, industry trends and potential impacts and influence customers, product managers and engineering teams in design decisions, technology choices and timelines.
What you will Do
Essential Results-Based Duty (% of time spent on the essential responsibility)
- Provide technical leadership for design, development & deployment for Distribution business systems (20%)
- Work with technical team and Data Governance Boards IT/Business to identify changes and requirements associated with standard data loading practice (20%)
- Work with business stakeholders to finalize requirements, with familiarity of Oracle AIM documents (CV040, SIPOC), and Six Sigma tools such as 5S and how to measure Data Quality at time to load. (10%)
- Ensure robust testing is carried out to have smooth launch (10%)
- Work with Business Execution Leader to implement and stabilize ETL processes and data loading tools, offering solutions typically associated with lean practices (10%)
- Provide Outstanding Leadership (30%)
- Challenge and inspire direct reports to achieve business results. Provide leadership, coaching, and development that aligns with organizational goals and objectives. Hold individuals accountable and recognize team accomplishments.
- Find and develop diverse talent, diversity of thought, and team capability that aligns with strategy, tools and processes. Encourage and promote individual differences to enhance discussions, decisions, and results.
- Develop and ensure employee capability through performance management processes, talent reviews, training and development and effective staffing decisions.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Seven (7) years of prior relevant experience in roles of increasing responsibility within Information Technology, with a focus on Distribution, Transportation, Warehouse & Inventory Management.
- 3 years of experience leading an IT business or related team(s) with experience operating at a senior professional level.
- 4 years of experience with Oracle ERP implementation/support.
- Solid Technical knowledge of Oracle Inventory & OTM modules (e.g. TCA, Install Base, PIM etc.).
- Sound knowledge of WMS Systems (e.g. Oracle WMS, Scale, IRMS etc.) & Wing to Wing Business Processes
- Exposure to Robotics, RPA, ML & AI
- Good functional knowledge of Oracle Apps modules connected with Distribution.
- Sound knowledge of integrated suites with End-to-End Flows.
- Ability to lead, coordinate, and communicate across geographic, organizational, and technological boundaries
- Strong functional domain knowledge in Distribution – WMS, Transportation & Inventory.
- Demonstrated project management and implementation skills; Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Self-starter, organized, and motivated.
- Knowledge of Project Management tools e.g. MS Projects etc.
- Excellent communication skills to coordinate with global partners, suppliers, customers, clients.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Master's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Ten (10) years of prior relevant experience in roles of increasing responsibility within Information Technology, with a focus on Distribution, Transportation, Warehouse & Inventory Management.
- 5 years of experience leading an IT business or related team(s) with experience operating at a senior manager-level.
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP), Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA), Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM).
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Must be able to travel to Warehouses & Plants.
- Occasional travel required for domestic and/or international travel to customer sites/ plants, etc.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social