• Need to have a consistent record of successfully completing sophisticated design projects involving all stages of the design process - from problem definition and user research to crafting high fidelity mockups and detailed design specifications.
• Build Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
• Identify design problems and devise sophisticated solutions.
• Create and maintain digital assets, such as interface design files, wireframes, and interactive mockups using design and prototyping tools.
• Work closely with UX Designer and Developers to create High Fidelity Prototypes based on Visual Design provided by UX Designers
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs, Collaborate with other team members and partners.
• Lead UI development efforts per project, driving Discovery, Brainstorming discussion and activities, while participating in delivery, planning, and coordination efforts.
• UI Development experience across multiple devices and platforms, from responsive web applications to iOS and Android mobile apps.
• Choose the right tool for the right problem, fluidly moving through different stages of the process from sketching to low- and high-fidelity prototypes
• Ground your work in observations, research and analytics to help you come up with ideas and then validate through testing
• The ability to provide detailed specifications and/or optimized HTML and CSS prototypes for our Developers and Engineers to work from.
• A general understanding of how Design impacts Development (and vice versa), along with a knack for constructing dynamic, interactive UI that is technically feasible/prudent
• Ability to quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative environment.
Qualification & Experience:-
• Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited university or college.
• Overall 4+ years of IT experience as a UI/UX developer
• A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions.
• An innate capacity for creating engaging, highly usable designs and layouts.
• Experience with designing end-user, web-based applications.
• Must have experience on UX software such as Adobe XD, Sketch, OmniGraffle, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, and the like is a must.
• Knowledge of user experience design tools, standards, sketching and prototyping skills. Knowledge of software programs like Adobe creative suite, design research methodologies, design process. Visual and communication skills, usability principles, practices
• Experience working with cross-browser compatibility issues
Skills & Attributes:
• Strong communication and ability to operate in matrix environment
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment
• Passion for identifying opportunities and driving change
• Focus on opportunities to automate processes through technology
• Creative problem-solving abilities
• Critical thinking skills
• Adaptive to change
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.