USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Principal IT Project Manager – Governance & Strategy
Principal IT Project Manager will partner with IT & business Leadership & team to plan, design, deploy, & execute solutions. Defining the project scope, schedule, quality & change management to strategic platforms. The role will be instrumental in operationalizing complex areas by eliciting detailed business requirements, translating those requirements and acceptance criteria into actionable work, and ensuring stakeholder expectations are met, by the team with a focus on meeting business hoshin goals set by executive staff and our great business.
What you will Do
Essential Results-Based Duty (% of time spent on the essential responsibility)
Organize all project-related activities and resources, project planning activities, and scheduling and assigning of resources (40%):
- Manage the entire lifecycle of the projects including scope, schedule, quality, and budget
- Manage timelines driven by the business priority and resource capacity for the DT organization
- Facilitate consensus and drive process improvement across multiple DT teams
- Partner with DT leaders and teams to effectively roll out projects supporting the shift to adaptive governance and enterprise PMO, along with the overall Digital Technology transformation
- Deliver and implement project objectives
- Escalate issues to program and DT leadership as needed
- Employ a high level of rigor around DT processes
- Identify roadblocks and proactively work to resolve
Owns Smartsheet, wing-to-wing project management process & subject matter expertise (40%):
- Work effectively with business, vendor/partners resources, and various DT teams such as G&S, Commercial, Supply Chain, Lifecycle Management, Operations, and DT Product Teams. Raise red flags promptly. Assist in building consensus and resolving conflicts and being an advocate of Smartsheet tools and capabilities
- Solve difficult, and often complex, problems by finding the root causes and driving systemic solutions
- Utilize all standard PMO tools and execute following the standard PMO processes
- Lead and own postmortem documentation/root cause analysis for business disruptions, including permanent changes, and monitoring/controls
- Support/manage all estimated and actual costs for the projects
- Led complex projects or portfolios of projects.
- Mastery of muscle memory and all facets of PMO practices, confident and fully empowered.
Own communication of project status to project team, stakeholders, and leadership (20%):
- Partner with functional/business team, DT teams, and other team members to solve problems collaboratively, including monthly PO Procurement meeting engagement and monthly QMI’s with DT Staff and Extended DT Staff.
- Deliver and implement project objectives for DT organization Hold Sacred and Key Strategic Imperatives and making updates to Smartsheet reports.
- Drive productivity and defect reduction in all phases of the project while partnering and leading weekly PMO SPOC calls
- Identify opportunities and lead improvement efforts to minimize timeline & cost while ensuring high quality with a focus and goal of meeting >90% Say/Do each month
- Escalate issues to program and business leaders as needed
- Employ a high level of rigor around IT processes •
- Identify roadblocks or bottlenecks proactively to remove the obstacles for teams to move forward
- Understand the business changes associated with current G&S projects specifically to Governance & Security’s organization and be the VMRS/IDT
- Sourcing SPOC helping to manage monthly contract expirations
- Influence the business and IT team members to think proactively vs. reactively Other related duties as assigned:
- Lead improvements and champion cultural change within DT at the Staff level and the business to achieve Hoshin goals
- Coach and train business users and project team members on project’s best practices •
- Work across functions to identify, lead, and implement continuous improvement opportunities. Work with cross-functional teams as in the case with IDT Sourcing.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience managing IT projects
- Sound knowledge of Project Management and strong influencing skills are a must. •At least experience of 5-6 project executions
- Strong understanding of the use of Smartsheet for the purpose of project management.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of DT Staff and Extended DT Staff.
- Exceptional communication skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively influence.
- Works independently with limited supervision
- Works autonomously to achieve operational targets for the job area
- Often responsible for independently managing entire projects or processes within the job area
- Proven experience/ability solving problems that are difficult and sometimes complex
- Confident in influencing others regarding policies, practices, and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across multiple projects and global teams
- Strong team player that collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
- Change agent with excellent facilitative leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen, possesses strong analytical, organizational, and process improvement skills
- Desire to learn continuously and pitch in to help the team where needed
- Outstanding communication skills including written and oral
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.