This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
USA, Selmer, TN
Job Posting Title
Robotics and Automation Technology Development Program
Jumpstart your engineering future with our high-powered Industry 4.0 Technical Development Program. This two-year experience will help you unlock your technical potentials within our advanced manufacturing team, springing your career forward by developing the skills necessary to enable future manufacturing. You'll receive education and personal mentorship while gaining exposure and project management in the disciplines of controls automation, robotics, test systems and brilliant factory visualization. This cross functional experience gained during the rotational assignments provides a comprehensive perspective of the business’ Industry 4.0 initiatives and allows members to accelerate their career growth. In four rotations, members build leadership and functional skills through challenging assignments and industry-leading training. Rotational assignments will be headquartered in Louisville, KY but will execute projects in one of four manufacturing locations: Louisville, KY; Decatur, AL; Lafayette, GA; Selmer, TN.
What you will Do
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Successfully complete four (4) six-month rotational assignments in controls automation, robotics, test system engineering and brilliant factory.
- Set goals & objectives for your rotation with your assignment leader.
- Lead teams across multiple levels of the business through influencing.
- Use initiative to find and develop technical and process improvements.
- Assist your team with development and execution of project ideas.
- Develop and demonstrate analytical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Set and facilitate regular feedback sessions with your assignment leader.
- Participate in and complete various classroom functional trainings (internal & external) as well as online training curriculums. Several trainings require certification testing that must be successfully passed.
- Complete Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
- GE Appliances will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
- Working conditions are normal for a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds and working in and around heavy equipment.
- Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
- These roles will require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment.
- 15-20% travel may be for domestic and/or international travel to supplier sites/ plants, etc.
- Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends will be required.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechatronics, Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical and Computer Science Engineering.)
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Algorithm prototyping and coding skills (Matlab/Python/C/C++/C# or VB.Net)
- Familiarity with industrial controls such as PLC, HMI programming, preferably Allen Bradley
- Familiarity with at least one CAD package, preferably Solidworks
- Prior applicable work experience or internship/ co-op experience in supply chain or manufacturing
- Comfortable with hands on in the lab assembling mechanical components and electronics, soldering boards, wiring connectors.
- Demonstrated passion for supply chain and/or manufacturing.
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Electrical controls design and troubleshooting
- Hands on experience with sensing technologies (e.g. sensors, camera, LIDAR, IMU, encoder).
- Strong interpersonal skills
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.