USA, Long Island, NY
Job Posting Title
Appliance Service Technician (Long Island, NY) ***SIGN ON BONUS***
Ask anyone at GE Appliances and they’ll tell you they work with some of the best people in the world – people who would excel anywhere, but who choose to work here. Why? Because they thrive on challenges. Because they take pride in our products. Because they relish the chance to work alongside other extraordinary people.
GE Appliances (GEA) is looking for a motivated Appliance Service Technician to conduct appliance diagnosis and in-home repairs in consumer’s homes on GEA’s major appliances. At GE Appliances we put our people first and that includes you.
Here are some benefits on joining our team!
• Service van
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, etc.
• Specialized tools
• Various incentive plans
• 401K and Tuition reimbursement
• Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays (Up to 12 days)
• Uniforms and work boots
• Laptop computer and Smartphone
Sign On Bonus up to $7500 based on experienced
What you will Do
- Operate assigned service van through an assigned route to many repair locations
- Record all activities related to repairs, routes, and other activities
- Maintain high level of skill and proficiency in appliance repair
- Attend all training, meetings, and other events as required
- Manage maintenance and stock inventory of assigned service van
- Operate van with unwavering attention utilizing methods from Smith Defensive Driving and/or other safety programs
- Promote and sell GE Appliances service contracts, water filters, and other products
- Meet productivity and efficiency goals as established
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction through the deliverance of high-quality service
- Wear and/or use all appropriate company provided PPE safety equipment.
- Follow safety procedures and constant awareness for personal safety and safety of others
- Prompt and regular attendance
What you need to Succeed
- HS Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Have and maintain a valid state driver's license
- Be willing to obtain CFC Certification within a reasonable time. Applicants holding a master-level trade/occupational license(s), i. e. HVAC/Mechanical, Electrical, GC, Plumbing may be used to qualify
- Ability/experience diagnosing and repairing major appliances
- Proven good communication skills
- Self-directed and solid team player
- Have verifiable, stable work history
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and other service information
- Flexibility to work variable hours, including overtime
- Successfully complete background check, physical, and drug screen
- Ability to deescalate situations and rebuild customer confidence in our products
- Ability to use a wide range of hand tools, power tools, and vibratory tools
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation, including, but not limited to:
- Ability to step up, into, and out of a van and sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to handle/work with parts/equipment which may be hot, cold, and/or wet
- Ability to use often powered hand tools and occasional use of vibratory tools/equipment
- Ability to handle and lift parts or materials min. of 77 lbs. lifting/carrying and 70 lb. pushing/pulling is required
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach at shoulder level, reach at waist level, bend, push/pull, grasp, pinch, and fine motor/manipulations skills.
- Occasional reaching overhead, reaching at knee and floor levels, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, crawling, climbing stairs/ladders, pivoting, twisting, neck flexion/extension/rotation, shoulder circumduction, and laying supine
- 2 years of trade experience in electrical, mechanical, customer service, HVAC, or Appliance repair
- Permit to work in USA as full-time employee
- 6 plus months of experience with Refrigeration repair
- Prior relevant military service will be considered in relation to required/desired qualifications
- CFC Certified
- Certification in appliance repair or Associates' degree preferred
GEA is always reviewing its jobs to find ways to make them less physically demanding and/or to identify additional physical demands that should be evaluated to ensure applicants can perform essential job functions. From time to time, GEA implements new physical demands right after applicants began the hiring process. In these instances, GEA will apply the updated physical demands when making hiring decision. If necessary, GEA will require applicants to be retested to make an informed decision about their abilities to be employed in the position sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat of harm. GEA will employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. GE Appliances will not offer sponsorship assistance for this position.
“If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and you need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]”.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.