Business Development Manager - Final Mile
Louisville, KY, United States
| Project & Program Management
| ID: REQ-9570
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Business Development Manager - Final Mile
The Business Development Manager-Final Mile will support the final mile strategic growth plan through identification and expansion of new customers and service capabilities to enable Local Delivery as a micro-enterprise. This role is responsible for understanding market trends and industry landscape that can create growth opportunities as well evaluating, vetting, and signing potential partnerships to solidify builder and direct to consumer delivery capacity.
What you will Do
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create a comparative SWOT analysis to set the baseline and identify capability gaps needed to onboard new customers.
- Preliminary external opportunity assessment, intelligence gathering, and review of customer growth opportunities. Identifies customers, delivery company partnerships, and technologies that complement the overall growth strategy and translate these analyses into specified actions.
- Prepares documented data to present and recommend business opportunities to the Local Delivery leadership team. Translates this information into fact-based and well-reasoned insights on the valuation and structural impact of growth opportunities.
- Represents GE Appliances, a Haier Company in cultivating relationships to attract business opportunities to the organization and foster strategic partnerships.
- Partner with Micro Enterprises (ME) to explore the use of the local delivery network capabilities developing new infrastructure and/or services to achieve broader ME growth targets.
- This role is responsible for maintaining knowledge of industry best practices and maintaining a high-performance level and success rate of growth activities for the business.
- Partner with broader Local Delivery Team on the execution of programs and ensure the success of new customer launches.
- Help develop Local Delivery MGPP to ensure GEA maintains a competitive leadership position in last mile delivery for big, bulky items.
- Partner with broader Local Delivery Team to drive execution of programs in support of MGPP.
What you need to Succeed
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, negotiate, and execute new deals/contracts.
- Demonstrated flexible, open communication style, with the ability to work in a constantly evolving environment. This candidate has an executive presence, a can-do attitude, is self-motivated, proactive, and has an ability to work comfortably with senior business executives and stakeholders alike.
- A forward-thinking strategic leader with a proven track record of change agency leveraging exceptional communication skills; ability to be firm & clearly communicate business requirements
- Proven track record of effective decision-making.
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, necessary for the creation of visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations to key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to persuade and influence business partners/stakeholders at all levels; demonstrated success working cross-functionally
- Proven leadership ability to handle and prioritize multiple / competing priorities and ability to hit deadlines
- Ability to evaluate and mitigate risk
- Consumer & customer focus; solid understanding of Commercial Functions
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related field, equivalent of the same in working experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years working experience in business development in Distribution or final mile delivery models.
- Minimum of five (5) years managing supplier or customer relationships
- Previous experience in Distribution or final mile delivery models.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- 20%-30% travel required for domestic and/or international travel to customer sites/ plants, etc.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social