Senior Advanced Quality Engineer
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9619
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Advanced Quality Engineer
Provide a way for the operator or organization to know good versus bad including reaction plan. Execute Advanced Production Quality Planning. Create/modify quality documents to fold into QMS. Provide additional support and guidance on New Product Introductions, Total Cost Out and cash generation programs.
What you will Do
- Lead the nine step process during the pre-launch phase. Baseline similar process including, but not limited to: Scrap, yield, field rework (quality hold), downtime, scr, damage, ergonomic (safety), lost production, and standard deviations of critical dimensions.
- Own the creation of MCPs, MCIs and data forms and how data goes into Proficy for the Quality deliverables for the area the assigned AQE owns. Ensure CTQs are captured in the MCP. Own metrology, through the creation and definition of gage systems which includes CMM, go no-go, handheld, and test equipment, related to the integrated NPI process.
- Formally deliver MCPs and metrology to the process owner and BQL (Plant Quality) to have a plan before production begins. Additionally, provide plant support and consultation for critical items through post-launch.
- Execute and manage first piece system and that all drawings (includes parts and assemblies) are qualified. Partner with AMEs to qualify that the process and equipment can produce a good part during a pre-launch phase of an NPI.
- With involvement from Design, Manufacturing, scope and define what it takes to implement a project (spending, etc) by developing a plan on how to execute a process change.
- Provide technical leadership & in-depth expertise to investigate, initiate and drive the development, procurement and implementation of equipment & processes for manufacturing.
- Execute and lead the supplier approval process. Set up the evaluation criteria to prove qualification.
- Lead the identification of CTQs and first piece capability studies to determine evaluation of good versus bad.
- Assess and approve CMM and other metrology gauges by partnering with suppliers as they build equipment and tooling.
- Interfacing with team leaders to develop job instruction and define what is critical. Define the jobs through standard work and job instructions.
- Facilitate and coordinate Action Work Outs and Production Preparation Process (3P) to design and improve lean manufacturing processes, including; Right-sized equipment, Standard Work, Work Station Design and Layout and quality plans. Partner with the Design and AME team, which owns the 3P process.
What you need to Succeed
- Technical Degree or equivalent experience.
- Self-starter, with influencer skills.
- Experience stemming from working as part of successful cross-functional teams.
- Practiced positive communicator experienced in compiling from and sharing knowledge with entry to management level teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge needed to build feasible quality metrics with high productivity results.
- Computer literate and skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience in manufacturing plant environments, manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Leadership experience in the definition, design, implementation and troubleshooting of manufacturing processes.
- Excellent project tracking and detailed planning skills required.
- Has played a lead role in the development of dimensional control strategies with suppliers
- Assisted in the design and procurement of gages and instruments from suppliers and engineering teams
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment with both salaried and hourly personnel to meet the needs of the operators, the program and the business.
- Significant experience in implementing Lean process improvements in manufacturing operations.
- Bachelors in Engineering preferred.
- Experience interpreting data to solve problems associated with high volume, short cycle manufacturing of consumer products.
- Knowledge of or experience in using and programming CMM or other automated metrology equipment.
- Understanding of Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Graduate of OMLP, operations or other leadership development course or equivalent engineering related co-op or intern program.
- Domestic and international travel at times required approx. 10-20%.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social