Principal Program Manager
Louisville, KY, United States
| Project & Program Management
| ID: REQ-9637
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Principal Program Manager
Responsible for a GEA Cost of Quality (COQ) systems and strategy including operational planning and tracking. The Cost of Quality (COQ) Principal Program/Project Manager drives improvements the quality systems and processes, including ties and feeds to other service and business critical activities. They work with a team of local and offshore resources as well as developing and managing the relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external. The role is a key project execution and data management position that supports the manufacturing quality organization, providing tools, processes, and data for the plant teams, which are responsible for delivering the COQ operating plan reductions for the business. This role collaborates cross functionally and across the GEA and affiliate manufacturing sites.
What you will Do
- Drive collaborative relationships with business partners including Plant Quality Managers, Plant Managers, Technology, Service, Distribution, Parts, Finance and Product Line Leadership relative to quality.
- Lead projects and provide leadership and support to plant personnel and NPI teams related to COQ activities.
- Collaborate with other quality and technology resources to improve and advance COQ projects for GEA.
- Effectively communicates COQ results to senior leadership
- Prioritize projects and determines resource needs. Resolves issues to ensure on-time implementation and benefit. Ensure adherence to project implementation process.
- Manage the COQ project deck and spend annually ensuring projects follow all accounting and finance requirements and deliver needed business benefit.
- Develop with the Product Lines the warranty standards for all models. Own and manage the warranty reserve process ensuring the business appropriately funds the reserve based and failure rates developed by the team.
- Own and manage the concessions process and data ensuring the business has the necessary information to meet operating plans.
What you need to Succeed
- Technical degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- 10 years of experience in operations, quality and/or technology.
- Experience with manufacturing quality teams.
- High initiative, self-starter, proactive, results oriented, team player.
- Proven ability to influence, lead, and drive change.
- Strong analytical knowledge and capabilities.
- External focus and ability to understand and develop new ideas and industry best practices.
- In depth knowledge of Cost of Quality metrics.
- IT/DT systems knowledge.
- GEA Finance experience/knowledge
- IT/DT project management capabilities
- Product management systems knowledge
- Consumer service organization process/system knowledge
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (20%)
- Roles may require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
- This position will be located in Louisville, KY.
- Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends may be required.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social