USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Material Flow Analyst
As the Senior Material Flow Analyst, you will develop and drive the vision of the Plant Materials Team to become a World-Class Lean Operation. This will include driving the Implementation of Lean including a plan for every part (PFEP) methodology, Single Piece Flow (SPF), and other Lean Principles.
What you will Do
MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS: Oversees AP5 Product Service DND operations.
- Lead plant material flow & supplier management plans in support of the Appliance Production System (APS).
- Own/develop delivery plans, transportation plans, packaging plans, shop floor flow, and supermarket implementation for all parts.
- Lead effort to meet or exceed key metrics including the Op Plan Goals for Schedule Achievement, Product Availability, Headcount & Overtime, Mix & Cycle Time, RIP Inventory, and Transportation.
- Lead the deployment of standardized work within the materials department. Drive process stability through the execution of standardized work.
- Interface with Shop Operations, Quality, PMQE, Sourcing, Mfg. Engr and NPI implementation teams.
- Manage respective transportation and logistics costs to reduce inventory and drive year-over-year productivity.
- Develop and improve the IT tools and systems used in Materials to take cost out and simplify processes as required.
- Develop and lead, as needed, Senior Management Updates for Key Projects and Initiatives.
- Champion kaizen events within the department.
- Drive a problem-solving culture within the team. Empower all team members to identify and address problems.
- Enforce compliance with safety rules and procedures, assist with the completion of timely accident investigations and corrective actions.
- Ensure all job changes comply with GEA EHS requirements.
- In conjunction with the ABL’s, manage the department's safety problem and action item list, including corrective actions from near misses, accident reports & ergo assessments.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: Live, promote and teach the Appliance Production System philosophy and drive continuous improvement within the value stream operation.
- Drive problem-solving and root cause identification of problems for the entire value stream.
- Engage all members of cross-functional escalation team to address and resolve problems, ex. Area Business Leaders, Team Leaders, Kaizen Promotion Officers, and other Lean resources
- Continuously identify and work to reduce waste in the area for both short term and long-term improvement initiatives.
- Lead regular meetings to review department issues. Prioritize and assign ownership for open items. Track items to closure and ensure follow-up with key stakeholders.
- Champion kaizen events within department. Ensure related countermeasures are implemented on manufacturing line(s).
LEADERSHIP. Provide active day-to-day leadership for a highly energized, integrated, cross-functional manufacturing team.
- Create goals for each member of the team. Ensure individual career coaching, performance feedback, employee training and talent development. Participate in the annual performance review process.
- Lead employee disciplinary investigation and action as appropriate. Partner with HR to conduct timely investigations when necessary. Complete accurate and thorough disciplinary records with supporting documentation.
- Recruit resources to fill team needs in a timely fashion.
- Develop and mentor future leaders for the business.
- Partner with site Human Resources team to ensure fair and consistent administration of all policies, work rules and processes.
SAFETY: Responsible for the overall safety performance and metrics for the value stream operation.
- Promote a strong safety-minded culture in the value stream. Maintain an active safety program, ensuring the observation of safety precautions and safe work methods by all personnel, including behavior-based safety observations, safety meetings, safety audits and 5S housekeeping standards.
- Enforce compliance to safety rules and procedures, timely accident investigations, Safety Contacts and Safe Start participation.
- Review and sign off on all accident investigations. Ensure they are completed in a timely manner and identify root cause and corrective action to drive required changes.
- Manage the department's safety action item list, including corrective actions from near misses, accident reports & ergo assessments.
QUALITY: Ensure the products produced within the entire value stream operation are defect-free and produced according to specifications.
- Ensure Manufacturing Control Plan (MCP) and all quality processes/standards are followed within entire value stream.
- Monitor manufacturing processes, data & reports daily and drive the resolution or escalation for any defect.
- Monitor scrap data/reports to drive resolution of scrap issues and work projects to prevent future scrap.
- Partner with Plant Quality staff and engineering to drive improvements in key quality metrics, including First Pass Yield, Overall Yield and Service Call Rate (SCR) metrics.
What you need to Succeed
- Must have the ability to teach, to facilitate meetings, to provide constructive feedback and listen actively.
- Must be able to identify, analyze and resolve problems in multi-functional settings.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills to coach and lead high involvement work teams.
- Must have demonstrated skills in achievement of business goals and change implementation.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and leadership influencing skills.
- Must work Collaboratively within a team environment.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent Experience.
- Minimum 5 years operations/leadership experience leading plant material flow & supplier management plans
- 7 years of experience in manufacturing/plant operations.
- Proven leadership skills and record of accomplishments showing business impact.
- Six Sigma certification.
- Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 25 pounds.
- Working in the manufacturing environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, work shoes/boots.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.