Sourcing Business Analyst
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9660
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Sourcing Business Analyst
The Sourcing Business Analyst will focus on Operational activities and support for the (GEA) GE Appliances Sourcing team. The Customers for this role are both internal business users and external suppliers to GEA. They will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for purchasing systems; identify opportunities to eliminate issues reported from the Customers; identify and support new requirements directed by Sourcing Leadership or the Sourcing team; and work as part of a collaborative team with Digital Technology (DT) to translate projects into operational improvements.
What you will Do
- Work effectively and extensively with Suppliers, internal users and external third-party partners supporting Sourcing.
- Combine knowledge of systems and understanding of business practices to identify, root cause and implement solutions to prevent issues impacting orders and payments to Suppliers.
- Work with GEA Sourcing customers and suppliers to document Sourcing operational processes and create a knowledge transfer library
- Provide data analysis for complex projects/issues using all available data resources to provide meaningful and accurate results.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure projects are executed using tollgate processes. Drive projects to closure, includes testing and confirming success of implementation.
- Provide Post-launch training, mentoring and support of projects/tools both in a one on one format and in large group settings.
- Other Sourcing duties as assigned by leadership.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Science or similar field OR equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of successful Project Management experience improving business processes.
- Understanding of sourcing, receiving, invoicing, and/or accounts payable processes.
- Analytical expertise and accuracy, critical thinker, curious; ability to dig deep into new system functionality.
- Ability to prioritize projects, develop a strategy for executions, and deliver program results within deadlines.
- Able to understand and communicate complex issues and success in driving cross-functional process improvement.
- Significant interpersonal and communication skills.
- Can-do attitude; willing to pitch in and help where needed.
- Team player, self-directed and self-motivated.
Desired Experience, Skills, or Knowledge
- Business, Computer Science, Information Management degree.
- Prior Sourcing experience.
- Oracle module experience, especially Purchasing, OBIA, Supplier Master.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social