This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Design Engineer – Dishwasher Hydraulics, Dry, & Racking COE
This is a hands-on engineering position within the Hydraulics, Dry & Racking Center of Excellence. Engineers within this COE will be responsible for the design development, qualification, and execution of all related subsystem projects that affect wash and dry performance as well as the reliability and cost effectiveness of those engineered solutions in the area of New Product Introduction (NPI) or Production Engineering. The initial position placement will be as project leader for development and execution of cost-out designs for Dishwasher NPI.
What you will Do
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, validate, and implement detailed design solutions to drive innovation and continuous improvement in product performance, cost, and quality.
- Ownership of concept development for new designs, including prototyping and lab testing
- Validate the effectiveness of design solutions utilizing Design for Six Sigma, Design for Reliability, and LEAN methodologies.
- Project designs and proposals will need to be reviewed and defended in peer and technical reviews.
- Update and develop new Engineering Test Procedures to support the continuous improvements for current and new products and document project learnings via Design Record Books, Design Guides, and Design Practices.
- Participate in competitive teardowns and conduct performance benchmarking to identify opportunities and best practices for adoption
- Drive craftsmanship into design solutions to deliver best-in-class fit, feel, and finish
- Interface with other COE engineers and cross-functional team members to ensure design changes effectively integrate at the system level and into the production process.
- Promote technical growth and continuous improvement within the COE by sharing lessons learned and best practices with peers.
- Work with the COE Leader to develop a personal roadmap to grow expertise, including appropriate classroom training and hands-on experience, within assigned COE focus area
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years design experience in the appliance industry or related experience
- Proven record of engineering analysis, evaluation planning, and design execution success.
- Experience in building and testing prototypes with a willingness to be hands-on and work in a lab and factory environment to develop and test various design concepts.
- Effective team building and project management ability with a highly collaborative style and ability to work in a cross-functional matrix organization
- Imaginative problem-solving skills with a strong customer focus
- Demonstrated leadership ability with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in plastic and sheet metal part design
Desired Characteristics :
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Previous experience in dishwasher hydraulics, dry and/or racking subsystem design
- Six Sigma / Lean certification
- Reliability Practitioner
- Working knowledge of C-change and NPI processes
- Experience with LEAN and Jidoka principles
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.