Mig Welder **SIGN ON BONUS**
Columbia, SC, United States
| Manufacturing (Group)
| ID: REQ-9704
USA, Columbia, SC
Job Posting Title
Mig Welder **SIGN ON BONUS**
The MIG Welder will report to the Manufacturing Manager of Tank Fabrication and have responsibilities in repair, touch-up, and upkeep of the welding cells. In this role, MIG Welders will perform preventive maintenance tasks and projects as assigned by the Manager.
What you will Do
- Determine the appropriate MIG welding method based on requirements like pulsed, short circuit, spray, globular or pulsed spray
- Operate the gas flow meters and use appropriate welding gas as per procedure
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Operate angle grinders and pencil grinders to prepare the parts that must be repaired
- Align components and clamp tanks for welding
- Weld components using metal inert gas welding (MIG) equipment in various positions for fillet and groove welds (1F,2F,2FR, 5F, 1G,2G)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Test and inspect welded surfaces for defects
- Use right size filler and welding gas as per Welding procedure specifications (WPS)
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (welding helmet, gloves, etc.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety and good housekeeping of the machine
- Provides support in the analysis and resolution of welding failures.
- Responsible to ensure that welding equipment’s calibration date is current.
- Performs electrical diagnosis and recommends repair, or repairs as needed
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Manufacturing Manager.
- Support projects to improve processes and address corrective actions.
- Operate in a LEAN manufacturing environment and strive to suggest process improvements
- Identify quality issues and troubleshoot to resolution with production team.
- Proper communication in pre-shift and end-of-shift meetings, including accurate documentation.
What you need to Succeed
- Minimum 6 months of experience on-the-job welding.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive work ethic and attitude; willingness to learn and meet expectations of the various assignments
- Dependability; demonstrate and maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Be able to pass a welding qualification test
- High School Diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution
- 6 months of on-the-job welding experience or associates degree with welding certifications
- Read blueprints, drawings and interpret weld symbols
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Professional Welding Certification (ex. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
- Minimum 1 year of experience on-the-job welding
- Physical working conditions:
- Wear safety attire or proper PPE daily
- Usually work indoors. All areas may not be temperature controlled
- Physical demands of the position include: Bending, stooping, twisting, lifting/carrying, pushing/pulling Handling and lifting of parts or materials – minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime on an as-needed basis
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social