Sr. Manager - Material Planning
Louisville, KY, United States
| Manufacturing (Group)
| ID: REQ-9714
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Sr. Manager - Material Planning
The Sr. Manager of the Material Planner team is responsible for maintaining inventory levels, inventory accuracy and RIP to sustain operations supporting the AP5 Refrigeration product line. Develop long term strategies to improve on-hand inventory, delivery schedule, storage, and trailer rental. Be a key element for the implementation of all the material flow initiatives.
What you will Do
What You Will Do:
- Head daily part inventory coverage reviews. Evaluate potential gaps in production. Devise alternative plans when gaps arise.
- Examine, execute, and approve expedites to ensure part availability for sustainable operations.
- Provide training to plant/ materials personnel on materials best practices.
- Provide oversight / coordination for work transfers and NPI's, leading the balance out efforts.
- Develop Rip reduction projects that deliver Hoshin goals.
- Evaluate entire supply chain for component shortages, shipment delays, & below standard inventories.
- Manage supply chain side of project implementation (alongside BOM specialist).
- Examine obsolescence, finding creative ways to minimize impact.
- Work with quality team to ensure proper inventory coverage when parts are rejected from working inventory.
- Improve material availability to support production and customer requirements through corrective actions for availability/span issues, improved supplier response times, transportation planning and inventory management.
- Manage respective transportation and logistics costs to reduce inventory and drive year over year productivity.
- Support plant/product variable cost productivity initiatives.
- Track new components for new model introductions and block changes.
- Review Oracle requirements, LOB’s, plant inventories for discrepancies and issues.
- Collaborate with lean and material flow team for best practice and synergies with regarding storage, pack, delivery, and overall flow.
- Work with team to drive improvement of safety, quality, cost and delivery targets.
What you need to Succeed
What You Need to Succeed:Prior relevant military service will be considered in relation to required/desired qualifications.
- BS/BA or equivalent.
- Experience building, empowering and leading talented cross-functional teams.
- 5 Years of Manufacturing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop, manage and implement proactive project plans.
- Experience applying Lean tools and processes.
- Proven ability to communicate complex matters in a simple, understandable format.
- Ability to build and promote organizational change management initiatives valuing relationships, building idea/problem-solving culture.
- Prior Lean experience and practice.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Green Belt Six Sigma Certification.
- Oracle knowledge.
- Proven ability to challenge the status quo.
- Vision and boldness to pursue big ideas, encourage smart experimentation.
- Solid thorough/problem solving skills.
- Recognized and established manufacturing shop experience preferred.
- Results oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to energize others to exceed their potential.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social