Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9715
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (AME) will be a member Refrigeration Team working out of AP5in Louisville, Ky and managing projects remotely in our MRO operations in Selmer Tennessee. The AME will balance workloads from both Selmer and Louisville operations with up to 40% travel for the role. The AME will be responsible for managing and executing capital equipment and manufacturing process projects supporting new product introductions (NPI), cost out initiatives and plant improvements. The AME will also be a key liaison between the program and the plant operations teams; ensuring that plant priorities and objectives are clearly understood and considered for the area under their ownership.
What you will Do
- Manage capital equipment procurement projects: Including specification development utilizing GE standards, supplier selection, early supplier engagement, technical reviews, factory layout development, installation and qualification of equipment. Ensure all tooling and equipment is reliable and robust and designed to maximize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Own the program metrics as applicable to your assigned projects: manufacturing labor plan (VLOH), equipment and tooling budgets and quality of in-house manufactured parts/product. Work with the program team to perform trade-off analysis on competing metrics if necessary and drive decisions based on overall business impact.
- Develop manufacturing processes. Utilize cross-functional participation to ensure that the equipment and process and processes are compatible with the entire value stream. Efforts should include: Early equipment management (TPM), workstation design, material presentation, standard work and single piece flow.
- Utilize the 9-Step Process for tooling and equipment design; consult Critical Process leaders as applicable to ensure development of robust processes for part / product generation. Work with cross-functional team to develop Manufacturing Control Plans (MCP) and Manufacturing Control Instructions (MCI).
- Work with EHS and the Advanced Industrial Engineer equipment / tooling / processes are implemented with the health and safety of the operators in mind.
- Work with factory operations and Lean teams to understand the Value Stream and how your projects impact this. Ensure material flow, workstation setup, model mix, etc. are considered when workstations / equipment is designed.
- Work with design team to ensure Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) is considered on part design.
What you need to Succeed
- Technical Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years hands on experience in manufacturing equipment and processes
- Experience managing capital equipment procurement projects: Including specification development, supplier selection, technical reviews, installation and qualification of equipment
- Ability to work in large cross-functional teams and at multiple levels in the organization (both salaried and shop floor operators / skilled trades team members)
- Good communication skills – will be expected to provide program report outs to cross-functional team
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of cross-functional program deliverables and ability to drive decisions based on the overall benefit to the company
- Significant travel may be required
- Experience in at least two of these areas: assembly line design including stationary and conveyorized equipment, material handling including line balancing and material flow, metal fabrication, sealed systems and/or equipment integration.
- Experience with implementing Lean processes in a manufacturing operation
- Prior NPI program experience
- Six Sigma Certification
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Scheduler (or equivalent) and AutoCAD
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social