USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Factory Service EHS Operations Specialist
The Factory Service Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Specialist is an early to mid-level EHS role responsible for providing EHS operational leadership, direction, and support to ~1,000 Factory Service Technicians located in the United States in 97 service zones in major metropolitan areas.
Responsibilities include ensuring compliance, assessing, and mitigating risk, responding to emergencies, and managing short-term and long-term EHS liability. In addition, this role is responsible for implementing sustainable systems and processes that comply with all applicable EHS laws and regulations and business EHS policies and management systems; leading, training, coaching, and mentoring the Factory Service Safety Technician Community and the Factory Service team to support business operations; communicating internally and externally on behalf of the business and function; and driving a collaborative, problem-solving culture that supports open reporting and delivers business results.
What you will Do
EHS Operations: Provide functional EHS leadership and technical expertise to the Factory Service teams to support business needs based on compliance requirements, business risk profile, change management needs, and performance objectives.
- Manage the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) program that seeks to maintain and improve the current program and processes.
- Lead the Safety Technician Community conducting monthly meetings and empower them to work on and complete injury reduction initiatives focused on ergonomics and safe driving behaviors.
- Conduct technician ride along audits (post Covid).
- Assist and lead as needed in Weekly, Monthly, and Annual EHS Metrics development and reporting in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Develop and issue EHS field communications (Safety Alerts and First Report of Injury/MVA).
- Participate in the weekly EHS/Consumer Service Manager meeting along with the EHS Manager which completes accident reviews, develops comprehensive corrective actions, and deploys systemically improvements and evaluates impact.
- Co-lead development and execution of annual EHS compliance training (e.g., LOTO, HAZCOM) including new employee orientation. Ensure timely delivery of training including new regulations and standards. Manage environmental compliance as applicable (e.g., refrigerant recycling).
- Participate in the development of Ergo assist devices for Factory Service Technicians.
- Participate and lead the Operational Excellence Audits with service technicians incorporating Human and Organizational Performance (HOP) concepts and drive tactical resolution of identified opportunities.
- Deliver simple, strong, and sustainable compliance and risk management solutions that are integrated in daily Factory Service Technician operations and business lean enterprise strategy.
- Lead a cross-functional team to develop and implement an organization-specific injury reduction and EHS risk management plan including specific actions, owners, and due dates. Drive accountability with all functions and associates to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Help develop and implement new initiatives, programs and process improvements to reduce injuries and improve overall EHS performance.
- Contribute to annual business environmental reporting obligations as required.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., NPI leaders, fleet management) to identify, assess, and mitigate field service risks.
- Co-lead NPI Factory Service reviews that focus on reducing operational and ergonomic risks directed at improving efficiency and risk reduction.
- Learn and manager business EHS management system (i.e., Gensuite)
Culture and Communication:
- Drive positive change in EHS programs through proactive planning, execution, measurement, communication, and best practice sharing. Lead the engagement of all employees in EHS processes.
- Drive a collaborative, problem-solving culture that supports open reporting and sustainable achievement of business results.
- Develop and maintain excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships (e.g., Consumer Service Managers, regulatory agencies).
- Respond to questions and/or concerns received from internal and external stakeholders. Ensure timely, accurate responses.
- Drive for solutions that address both short-term operational risks and long-term environmental liability management.
Management Systems and Compliance:
- Implement EHS management systems, processes, and procedures to achieve sustainable compliance and business performance results.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree (Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Health preferred).
- Proven safety background with demonstrated results (two to three years minimum).
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and anticipate customer reaction.
- Strong detailed oriented person that seeks to link data to outcome driven results.
- Solid oral and written communication skills for reports, data analysis, issue research and resolution, program development, and heavy customer interaction.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate from idea design through project implementation.
- Knowledge of ergonomics, OSHA requirements, safety legislation and regulations
- Experience in a dispersed workforce environment is preferred.
- Due to interaction levels and issues handled, strong interpersonal/negotiating skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.