Rapid City, SD, United States
| Human Resources
| ID: REQ-9805
USA, Rapid City, SD
Job Posting Title
The Human Recourses Specialist will assist the HR Director and Manager in a variety of HR duties in support of the Contact Center. The Human Resources Specialist will also assist employees with any HR needs while maintaining employee records, executing employee relation events and supporting recruiting initiatives.
What you will Do
Essential results-based duties
- Support the Human Resource Manager with employee relations, including, policy and procedure development, employee engagement, compliance with all policies and legal requirements, safety, and consistency among the various businesses.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation and other training events.
- Assist with involvement in and refinement of the recruitment process, including generating job descriptions, posting advertisements, and the hiring process
- Assist with screening resumes, interviewing and selection of top candidates for internal and external positions.
- Process PCN’s for all new hires and maintain and process reports.
- Initiate/notify HR Manager and Payroll of pay changes.
- Create/run statistical reports on new hires, terminations, etc.
- Input terms/resignations, affirmative action information, salary, and personal data changes.
- Administrative duties, including upkeep of employee records.
- Serve as a back-up for payroll processing and administering attendance policy including tracking and corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned by HR Manager and HR Director.
- Assist and/or lead other projects and activities as needed.
- Serve as back-up to other HR team members, as appropriate.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment for all.
What you need to Succeed
- High school degree required and at least one year of Successful work experience as a Human Resources Specialist, officer or other HR position.
- Commitment to staying current on the understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures.
- Strong typing skills.
- Competent with the following software: MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel in a Windows environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail while multitasking.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Available to work overtime when needed.
- Strength of character, ethics, and commitment, and reliability.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent attendance.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Database experience.
- Knowledge of legal regulations (FMLA, HIPPA, Payroll Law).
- Knowledge of HRMS.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
ASI invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you have a disability that prevents or limits your ability to use or access the site, or if you require any other accommodation in the application process due to a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation. To make a request, please contact our recruiting team and we will be happy to assist you. To make a request, please contact our recruiting team, [email protected], and we will be happy to assist you.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social