USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Sr. Buyer, Corporate Real Estate, Utilities and Facilities Strategy
Senior Commodity Buyer, Facilities; Corporate Real Estate, Utilities and Facilities Strategy
The Sr Commodity Buyer, Facilities Corporate Real Estate, Utilities and Facilities Strategy Manager has total ownership across GE Appliance’s commercial real estate, utilities, and related categories within the purchasing organization. Responsibilities include managing internal/external relationships with key stakeholders, defining, and implementing category strategies across all GEA manufacturing, distribution, and support sites. This person will serve as the subject matter professional for the categories and drive the execution of go-to-market strategies, negotiations, vendor transitions, procurement process improvements and partnerships with suppliers, and overall value creation. The Facilities Commodity Buyer Corporate Real Estate, Utilities and Facilities Strategy Manager collaborates internally with the Facilities, Engineering, Legal, Distribution, Manufacturing, Materials, Sales, Finance, Accounts Payable and Sourcing Leaders.
What you will Do
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop, steer and execute Sourcing strategy for GE Appliance’s commercial real estate portfolio and utility spend.
- Drives strategic and analytical planning to optimize building and facility services guided by industry benchmark standards including: space utilization (move service center, furniture/ergonomics), energy efficiency, Service Agreement
- Manage supplier relationships in all aspects including commercial, project management, financial, root-cause analysis, and problem resolution.
- Align with internal stakeholders to increase value from managed vendors.
- Execute spend against contract and spend under management metrics.
- Drive project identification, resource allocation, and execution in categories.
- Manage strategic negotiations and review all agreements prior to execution.
- Prepare and manage business reviews with Executive Level audience.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain management, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within real estate or utility management, supply chain, program management, commodity management, or in a related role involving negotiating, identifying opportunities, selecting suppliers, and implementing contracts.
- Ability to negotiate and execute contracts. Understanding of concepts and principles of strategic sourcing, contract management, and project management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and allocate time to accomplish goals of the project and team. Uphold high ethical standards and ensure compliance with procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Savvy business acumen with excellent executive presence, presentation, and facilitation skills; can effectively interact with and influence all levels of the organization and Suppliers.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex technical, operational, and organizational problems and challenge assumptions, review existing practices, and drive improvement and/or new practices.
- MS Excel and database expertise.
- M.B.A or Master’s Degree in supply chain management or related field.
- Lean Six Sigma and/or PMP certification.
- Five (5) years experience as a commercial real estate broker or another role within commercial real estate.
- Sound functional knowledge within a manufacturing-focused business, ideally gained through roles requiring cross-functional collaboration with Manufacturing, Distribution, Materials, Finance, Accounts Payables, etc.
- Experience supporting a New Product Introduction (NPI), a new business venture, or a new business initiative.
- Prior experience in Supplier Diversity, planning and participating in outreach events, and interface with SBA’s, NMSDC, and WBENC.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.