HR Generalist, Associate
Louisville, KY, United States
| Human Resources
| ID: REQ-9817
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
HR Generalist, Associate
The Associate HR Generalist will provide strategic and operational assistance to our Employees. You will communicate and consult on all areas of human resources including payroll, compensation, benefits, staffing, organizational development, employee relations, and performance management in alignment with human resource strategies and processes while working with our Union Relations leadership to adhere to our Collective Bargaining Agreement. In this role, you will be responsible for driving employee relations projects and cultural development with a key emphasis on reducing attrition.
What you will Do
- Provide day-to-day Employee and Union Relations support for an assigned Appliance Park organization with a focus on improving culture, the overall hourly employee experience, and retention.
- Establish and promote a cooperative and collaborative management employee work environment through the personal exercise of positive climate setting strategies and practices
- Prepare and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional
- Provide support to management and HRMs on Union policies, practices, and procedures including supporting grievance process
- Attends and participates in employee meetings and investigations
- Provide guidance to managers and supervisors on disciplinary issues to ensure compliance with laws, policies, and procedures
- Support the recruiting process on an as-needed basis
- Support and be an advocate for site environmental compliance as applicable (e.g., air emissions, water discharge, and waste disposal & recycling) while improving environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of waste
- Perform project work as assigned.
- Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment.
- Working in the manufacturing environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not be limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, work shoes/boots.
What you need to Succeed:
- Normal HR experience working in manufacturing, distribution, or manufacturing support environment working with HR processes, policies, and procedures including hiring and retention.
- Exceptional computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and communicate company policies, regulatory guidelines, labor contracts, and other work-related documentation.
- Highly detail-oriented with an excellent work ethic and a proven “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications.
- Excellent and highly effective interpersonal & communication skills.
- High level of customer focus with an exceptional track record in meeting customer needs.
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency time frames.
- Demonstrated team player
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Experience in Human Resources including labor-management relations work
- GEA is a 24-hour operation and due to business needs may be required to work periodically 2nd or 3rd shift on an as-needed basis
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish, preferably able to speak, read, and write fluently
- Master's Degree in Human Resources
- 2 years HR experience working in a union environment
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social