This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Associate Risk Analyst
We are looking for an Associate Risk Analyst to join our GE Appliances Finance team. This role would be responsible for new account setups and underwriting lines of credit for new and existing commercial accounts for GE Appliances for Contract customers. This is a fast-paced role and an early to mid-career position with the opportunity to grow within the Finance Organization.
What you will Do
- Review external credit reports, bank references, financial statements, lien rights, and other security instruments to prepare recommendations on open account lines of credit for Contract customers
- Partner with Contract Sales and customers to obtain needed information and articulate what is needed to setup new accounts and review existing accounts
- Ensure all information is collected and in place with sound credit analysis in collaboration with Manager, Shared Services AR Risk to set open account lines of credit
- Perform Know Your Customer (KYC) routines as a part of due diligence for new and existing Retail and Contract customers
- Research and screen Anti-Money Laundering (AML) red flag concerns, working with Shared Services along with Contract Sales teams and mitigate any concerns
- Balance both proactive reviews of customer credit lines as well as credit line reviews of customers open orders with credit line capacity issues for Contract customers
- Develop and monitor tools and metrics to proactively assess Contract risk for an assigned portfolio of accounts
- Develop capabilities in Oracle ERP functionality and processes along with engaging with Shared Services teams as well as outside teams to accomplish and drive results.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, related discipline or 2 years relevant experience
- Strong systems skills, i.e. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Oracle
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and problem-solving mindset
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high transaction, environment
- Ability to research in multiple systems with multiple tools to solve problems
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Takes ownership and initiative
- Results driven
- Works well under pressure
- Forward-thinking and strategic minded
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access
- 2+ years of experience in accounts receivable/payable, accounting, or cash applications
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.