This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Material Flow Analyst
Develop & Drive the Vision of the Parts Distribution Organization (PDO) for materials processes to drive world class inventory quality and flow of materials in to the warehouse.
What you will Do
- Develop warehouse material flow & supplier management plans in support of the PDO. Support the pull process of plant packaging operations of Genuine GEA Parts. Reduce pipe time from dock to stock.
- Partner with fulfillment group and warehousing operations to ensure robust receiving processes are followed and all systems stay in sync.
- Develop robust cycle counting process to support inventory accuracy and lead problem solving efforts for quick and accurate resolution of defects.
- Lead physical inventory process for Parts warehouses ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Engage in Item Lifecycle Management process to ensure proper setup and handling of new and end of life parts for highest efficiency within warehouse.
- Develop and improve the IT tools and systems used in Materials to take cost out and simplify processes as required.
- Develop, as needed, Senior Management Updates for Key Projects and Initiatives.
- Champion kaizen events within the department.
- Drive a problem-solving culture within the team. Empower all team members to identify and address problems.
- Partner with other functions such as supplier quality, material planning, fulfillment, operations, etc to drive action around most impactful projects to improve flow of materials. Implement operational processes and tools as necessary.
- Work closely with IT and Sourcing to develop sustainable long term solutions.
- Maintain inventory accuracy in WMS, EBS, and COPS. Manage exceptions. Highlight opportunities for improvement through the Obeya process.
- Develop, maintain, and improve SOPs to drive continuous improvement.
What you need to Succeed
- Strong systems capability among Oracle, Scale WMS, and Excel.
- Problem solving mindset willing to dig deep in details to get to root cause.
- Ability to engage diverse set of stake holders to drive action.
- Prior supplier management and inventory experience a plus.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.