Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9904
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
As an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (AME) you'll be a member of the Dishwasher Team. You'll be responsible for managing and executing capital equipment and manufacturing process projects supporting new product introductions (NPI), cost out initiatives and plant improvements.
You'll be a key liaison between the program and the plant operations teams; ensuring that plant priorities and goals are clearly understood and considered for the area under their ownership.
What you will Do
- Manage capital equipment procurement projects:Including specification development utilizing GE standards, supplier selection, early supplier engagement, technical reviews, factory layout development, installation and qualification of equipment.Ensure all tooling and equipment is reliable and robust and designed to maximize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Own the program metrics as applicable to your assigned projects: manufacturing labor plan (VLOH), equipment and tooling budgets and quality of in-house manufactured parts/product.Work with the program team to perform trade-off study on contesting metrics if necessary and drive choices based on overall business impact.
- Develop manufacturing processes.Utilize cross-functional participation to ensure that the equipment and process and processes are compatible with the entire value stream.Efforts should include: Early equipment management (TPM), workstation design, material presentation, standard work and single piece flow.
- Utilize the 9-Step Process for tooling and equipment design; consult Critical Process managers as applicable to ensure development of robust processes for part / product generation.Work with cross-functional team to develop Manufacturing Control Plans (MCP) and Manufacturing Control Instructions (MCI).
- Work with EHS and the Advanced Industrial Engineer equipment / tooling / processes are implemented with the health and safety of the operators in mind.
- Work with factory operations and Lean teams to understand the Value Stream and how your projects impact this.Ensure material flow, workstation setup, model mix, etc. are considered when workstations / equipment is designed.
- Work with design team to ensure Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) is considered on part design.
What you need to Succeed
- Technical Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in large cross-functional teams and at multiple levels in the organization (both salaried and shop floor operators / skilled trades team members)
- Good communication skills – will be expected to provide program report outs to cross-functional team
- Limited travel may be required
- Experience with implementing Lean process improvement in a manufacturing operation
- Prior NPI program experience
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Basic understanding of Lean equipment concepts
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Scheduler (or equivalent),
- Basic skills in AutoCAD and Solid Works
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social