This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Manager, Supplier Quality
The Senior Manager, Supplier Quality operates as the front line leader responsible for supplier performance – specifically the provision of correctly supplied raw materials and components in support of the Home Laundry Team manufacturing and assembly operations. The role includes daily support and response to issues encountered in the factory, including containment and correction and also, oversight to long-term improvement actions. This role holds a permanent, voting position on the site-level Change Implementation Board and is the primary liaison with the GEA Appliances Supplier Quality Engineering and Purchasing organizations for supplier performance.
What you will Do
- Leader of a Site-based team of Quality Engineers responsible for supplier quality performance and quality improvement across supplied metal, plastic, electronic and electromechanical components. Develop and execute strategies in support of achieving and exceeding organizational goals to reduce the overall business costing of poor quality. Coach team members for professional growth and performance.
- Serve as the primary Supplier Quality liaison between the plant-based Cost of Quality (COQ) team and the Sourcing / Supplier Quality Organization for metal (raw material and stamped – functional and decorative components). Lead designated suppliers to ensure industry leading quality supplier parts are delivered to the assembly line on time, in correct quantities and configurations and at competitive costs.
- Work closely with manufacturing site and suppliers to identify problems, implement containment plans, complete failure analysis, identify root cause, validate sustainable solutions.
- Voting member of the site level Change Implementation Board – ensuring that controlled changes are executed safely, compliantly from a sustainable quality-based process.
- Support the supplier part failure analysis (autopsy) process in the plant and leverage findings to drive supplier containment activities and permanent corrective actions.
- Partner with supplier and GE Appliances operations teams to use Lean Six Sigma to implement projects improving customer satisfaction while eliminating waste.
- Support supplier quality initiatives including liaison with SQE and Sourcing teams in developing solutions to fix-or-exit problematic suppliers by implementing robust corrective actions or qualifying alternate suppliers.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) launches on schedule with industry leading quality.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor degree with supporting technical problem solving experience.
- 7+ years Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Technical experience.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and front-line leadership skills.
- Strong shop floor/manufacturing experience and comfort level.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to drive change.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and collaborative skills.
- Self-starter; with the initiative to identify and implement new ideas.
- Ability to define and develop processes and solutions in team based manufacturing environment.
- Strong background in applying statistical quality control tools for process and product controls (SPC, Gage R&R, Process Capability, Process FMEA, 8D, 5 why/7ways).
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (<5%)
- 3-6 years of plant/ high volume manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of Appliances manufacturing processes and/or similar high volume assembly processes.
- Experience & training in Lean manufacturing practices.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Prior experience in a union environment.
- Working conditions are normal for a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
- These roles will require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment.
- This position will be located in Louisville, KY.
- Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends may be required.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.