This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Staff Manager - Microenterprises
GE Appliances is looking for an energetic, organized, and enthusiastic self-starter to join our team! You will support the Executive Director of Small Appliances, FirstBuild, and additional teams in a variety of different functions. You will assist in managing the daily flow of communication to and from the Executive Director; assist with execution of strategic projects, and be a critical partner, liaison, and confidant to the leadership team as well. You will help to organize and prepare for important meetings and events, facilitate collaboration around specific objectives cross-functionally, manage schedule and travel logistics, and more. You’ll also collaborate with our leadership team and key internal/external stakeholders to establish an acute understanding of the Small Appliances and FirstBuild businesses, and provide feedback on ideas and initiatives. Your role will be essential to increasing efficiency, building new team processes, streamlining communication, and ensuring success across our organization and alignment with company objectives.
What you will Do
Communication, Coordination, & Strategy (55%)
- Oversee strategic business initiatives, from development through successful execution, under the guidance of senior leadership.
- Exercise initiative and independent decision making on a wide range of assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Manage the flow of communication both to and from the Executive Director, monitoring numerous platforms to ensure critical information is prioritized.
- Ensure preparation for important meetings, such as those with senior leadership, customers, partners, and other external stakeholders.
- Anticipate needed action and handle follow-up independently.
- Acting as an ambassador for the both the business and the Small Appliance and FirstBuild teams, you will Interact professionally and with discretion/confidentiality at all levels (internal/external).
- Coordinate/plan/schedule executive level meetings, appointments and travel; manage visa/passport process
- Ensure that strategic priorities of the Executive Director are reflected in the calendar and activities of the Office.
- Facilitates clear and prompt communications among the Senior Leadership Team, staff and partners.
Operational & Administrative Support (35%)
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Small Appliances and FirstBuild teams as indicated.
- Coordinate and plan customer and supplier visits.
- Order assets, manage vendors and supplies, PO processes and expense reports.
- Organize and maintain the Executive Director’s schedule, including scheduling meetings and arranging travel. Produce creative executive level presentations.
- Coordinate and document meeting agendas and notes.
Additional Project-based work (10%)
- Assist with and advise on special projects, as needed.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management, or extensive relevant experience
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience partnering with C-Level executives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, preferably within the Small Appliances industry or similar consumer durables industry.
- Well-developed project-management skills, with demonstrated initiative and attention to detail, and persistence to ensure the right results.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and written skills are required.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to retain and convey information to multiple stakeholders in a concise, effective, and time-sensitive manner
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft PowerPoint
- Impeccable organization and prioritization skills, as well as an acute attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects and adapt to competing priorities in high-pressure situations
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving, negotiating, influencing business decisions, and establishing new processes
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism and discretion
- High level of enthusiasm about being a part of Small Appliances and FirstBuild’s mission
- Experience in new business development a plus
- Experience with connected or eCommerce operations a plus
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- 30% domestic and international travel required to customer sites/ plants, etc.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.