Louisville, KY, United States
| Manufacturing (Group)
| ID: REQ-9944
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
As the Manager of Materials, you will develop, lead and coach the material flow team on 2nd Shift including Team Leader and Hourly Team members to ensure continuous improvement in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
What you will Do
- Provide support and guidance to the 2nd shift materials hourly team members as they support the production teams.
- Lead cross-functional activities with the manufacturing and quality teams to improve ergonomics, scrap reduction, and downtime reduction. Utilize lean methodologies to reduce waste and improve overall business KPI’s.
- Understand Oracle EBS and be able to problem solve day-to-day material availability issues.
- Must be able to effectively communicate the operational goals and objectives of the business to the team. Utilize the A3 format to articulate the problem and track progress.
- Develop a problem-solving culture within the team. Use the team to identify the root cause of the issue. Prioritize problems and escalate issues that the team cannot resolve.
- Live, promote and teach the GE Production System philosophy and drive continuous improvement. Coach and develop team leaders to ensure standard work and escalation processes are followed.
- Coach and empower the hourly team, develop team leaders’ skills, improve communication across all areas of the factory, and teamwork to achieve plant goals.
- Promote Safety Culture and ensure team’s compliance with safety rules and procedures, such as: PPE compliance, accident investigation within 24 hours, Safety Contacts, and safe start participation. Lead Accident investigations to obtain root cause and drive required changes.
- Drive projects for continuous improvement in EHS to reduce OSHA recordables, lost time incidents, employee engagement and improve BTL safety scorecard.
- Lead team to improve and maintain quality so that it minimizes the Costs of Quality.
- Drive VCP (variable cost productivity) for the team by reducing variable costs (Labor, Scrap, and Overtime) to maximize Hours per Unit.
- Utilize oracle and Proficy to identify and correct part and scheduling issues.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, or a technical discipline (or equivalent experience.)
- Two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing/operations environment, supplier management and project implementation.
- Self-Starter and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment with both salaried and union hourly personnel to meet the needs of the operators, the program, and the business.
- Organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
- High level of initiative, energy, and motivation to develop and grow in a team environment.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and follow-through ability.
- Demonstrated leadership responsibility in a union manufacturing environment.
- Lean Manufacturing implementation experience.
- Six Sigma certification with strong knowledge of LEAN, DMAIC, workout, and other change mechanisms.
- Demonstrated accomplishments showing Results-driven methodology, analytical methods, schedule achievement, and teamwork.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment with salaried and hourly team members to meet the needs of the customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social