Product Marketing Director – HVAC
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9971
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Product Marketing Director – HVAC
The Product Marketing Director – DFS/VRF will develop and lead the go to market strategy for our DFS/VRF portfolio. You will have primary accountability for delivering the product line budget for revenue, price, share, and net standard margin (NSM).
What you will Do
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Commercial Execution. Work with Sales and Marketing teams to drive execution of critical product line priorities. Provide key strategic objectives, creating the story for product line marketing, monitor sku productivity and recommend actions to address underperformers, ensure execution of planned transitions, and serve as the face of DFS/VRF to address customer issues.
- Price/Promotion. Work with Sales, Marketing, and Pricing to develop pricing and promotional plans that balance product line price and share goals and optimize profitability. Work with Product Managers, PSI team, and plants to balance price/promotion plans with excess or constrained production capacity. Work with other product line peers to ensure consistency in cross-product pricing and promotional plans and resolve disconnects.
- NPI Execution. Ownership and accountability for the Commercialization of New Product Introductions (NPI), ultimately developing and executing a plan that delivers on the established budget for an NPI.
- Ensure leading edge product marketing efforts, including digital, social, point of purchase material, feature & benefit copy and all other creative assets.
- Lead M Review, C Review, PACE, and Big Event planning to drive commercial leadership
- Content and Asset Creation: Utilize insight driven data and merchandising principles to lead multiple creative agencies in content creation across the product line.
- Co-op Fund. Manage the co-op fund for distributors, allocating budget for their advertising and marketing.
- PSI. Work with PSI and Sales teams to deliver on sales, availability, and inventory goals. The ‘go-to’ person for the demand side levers of PSI as well as the ability to bring creative solutions to the table when challenges arise. Scrutinize and validate forecasts developed by customer account teams and fulfillment managers Establish customer priorities when supplies are constrained. Develop plans to liquidate discontinued and excess inventories.
- Distribution Strategy. Work with Sales to develop and execute distribution strategies that must accomplish multiple goals. Directly Influence and support channel pricing strategies, customer specific promotional plans, and customer specific derivatives. Support evaluation and pursuit of new channels and private label opportunities.
- Product Strategy. Influence the strategic approach of MGPP’s, Growth Playbook and Product Plans to ensure GEA is positioned for success. Proactively leverage expertise on competitive products and customer strategies to position GEA to win.
- Leadership. Provide leadership and coaching to Merchandising Senior Managers. Attract commercial talent to RAC team. Help develop talent pipeline. Provide leadership and insight to Regional Sales Managers as well as Area Sales managers to drive revenue, margin, and share in their respective markets, as well as delivering the tools to execute on the broader business strategy.
- Executive Reviews. Develop and lead executive leadership reviews including weekly QMI, commercial hoshin pulsing, weekly commercial council topics and other ad hoc requests.
What you need to Succeed
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 8 years of commercial experience in areas of Sales, Marketing and/or Product Management
- Proven track record as an effective change agent
- Results oriented; ability to meet/exceed commitments
- Demonstrated customer focus/growth leadership traits
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed
- Entrepreneurial spirit with innovation mindset, out-side in thinking
- Ability to consider multiple viewpoints on a subject, while also thinking independently on business challenges
- Self-motivated, Enthusiastic can-do attitude, high energy level, strong sense of urgency
Additional success factors:
- Exposure to operations and project management
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills/training skills
- Prior experience as Merchandising Manager, Brand Manager, or National Account Manager
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social