In this role you will:
• Develop, release, and qualify parts tooled produced internally or sourced from outside suppliers. Qualify required purchased components such as evaporators, condensers, heaters, and fans. Complete designs as part of a larger cross functional team to ensure quality, process, cost, and schedule requirements meet the product technical and marketing requirements.
• Complete thermal evaluation testing required for product qualification and to abate risks identified through the program. Adapt control algorithms as required to optimize product performance.
• Participate in all technical and program NPI reviews required to complete the program.
• Complete required failure analysis throughout the development program using the FRACAS system.
• Support factory builds as required by program schedule and incorporate appropriate process driven changes into designs.
• Develop plans, project schedules, and evaluation plans as required to manage individual design responsibilities.
• Coordinate project execution, build quantities, field test and failure analysis with the cross-functional team.
• Ensure regulatory requirements are met.
• Document concepts, prototype, and production configurations.
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree with 2 to 7 years of relevant work experience.
• Proactive problem solver comfortable with hands on work in a laboratory setting to demonstrate solutions.
• Willing to travel up to 25% including travel to manufacturing facilities, Mexico and Asia to ensure program success with higher percentage during builds and ability to hold off work hour conference calls with global suppliers as required.
• Strong computer skills - high proficiency in Microsoft products. Ability to grasp new systems quickly.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.