• Support all refrigeration platforms to design and execute field test activities either with primary ownership responsibilities or in a supporting role.
• Develop a thorough understanding of product control algorithms and thermal performance to analyze lab and field issues.
• Develop expertise using connected data tools to access, analyze, and draw conclusions from all product data streams.
• Support distribution, retrofits, and data stream analysis of field test units. Work with participants to ensure units are connected and data streams are live. Summarize data as required by NPI teams to support programs.
• Follow up with field test participants to understand complaints and failures and bring appropriate information to the NPI team members. Install additional instrumentation as required to provide data for root cause analysis.
• Lead survey and user data collection to address program issues that develop through the NPI cycle.
• Monitor connected data to develop an understanding of product performance and algorithm behavior in consumers’ homes.
• Drive field test results into the DFR and FRACAS methodologies. Support reliability analysis required by the FRACAS process.
• Prioritize and resolve technical problems, escalate issues as required.
• Complete safety review requirements to support field test distribution.
• Own and maintain design documentation of field test histories, issues, and resolution.
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree with at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
• Ability to evaluate data using statistical tools to demonstrate difference, and design experiments to define major factors.
• Proactive problem solver comfortable with hands on work in a laboratory or manufacturing setting. Able to demonstrate and communicate solutions.
• Demonstrated project management and execution skills to successfully execute test programs and the ability to work effectively with a remote multi-site team.
• Significant knowledge of refrigerant system component qualification requirements and failure analysis.
• Significant knowledge of reliability analysis and tools to support required activities.
• Basic knowledge of refrigeration structural requirements, door seal requirements, and structural tolerance analysis.
• Willing to travel as required, up to 25% for field test visits and to visit manufacturing facilities and suppliers in US, Mexico and Asia. Ability to hold off work hour conference calls with global suppliers as required.
• Strong computer skills - high proficiency in Microsoft products. Ability to sort out connectivity issues based on in home system products. Ability to grasp new systems quickly.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.