Senior Logistics Coordinator-Floater
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9974
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Logistics Coordinator-Floater
The Senior Logistics Coordinator (Floater) will be responsible for completing all of the daily requirements of a Logistics Analyst or Logistics Order Support Coordinator during a scheduled or unexpected absence to ensure no gap in our daily Logistics processes. This person must communicate with our GEA team, carriers, ADCs and customers to plan daily shipments and/or confirm delivery appointments on those shipments out of a specified warehouse or for a specific customer account utilizing the ERP system, Oracle Transportation Management (OTM). They will be responsible for similar daily requirements of a Logistics Analyst or Logistics Order Support Coordinator to ensure orders are scheduled to meet customer delivery requirements while balancing cost and service.
What you will Do
- Utilize ERP Web Based system (OTM) to build and schedule shipments.
- Manage all aspects of customer deliveries for a specified warehouse, converting inbound customer orders into outbound warehouse shipments.
- Combine customer orders into multi-stop truckload shipments taking into account factors such as geographical differences, traffic and mileage.
- Schedule and assign motor carriers to customer truckload, just-in-time (JIT) cross-dock, and LTL shipments.
- Act as a liaison with the Appliance Distribution Centers and motor carrier management, communicating short-term volume estimates and meeting carrier requirements.
- Interact daily with Customer Service, field sales, and customers to balance service and cost for the overall success of the business.
- Partner with the Transportation Manager to ensure daily execution optimizes carrier capacity and cost while meeting on-time performance for customer satisfaction.
- Email with GEA internal teams and personnel with status of orders, convert orders back to working and respond to other inquiries.
- Confirm delivery appointment requests by SDSs for Meet Trucks, collaborate with Logistics Coordinators
- Cross-train with team members and update documentation and SOPs to drive standard work and process improvement
What you need to Succeed
- Adaptable and Quick Learner – since this role covers for teammates during absences and holidays, this role performs different tasks on a daily or weekly basis.
- Capable of multi-tasking and executing with strong attention to detail.
- Process focused and has proven record of resolving issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates Clear Thinker and External Focus to make sure orders are shipped and customers are satisfied.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Web Based applications.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of two years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience in order service, sales, transportation, or logistics.
- Previous experience in developing and working from Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Views changes in our internal and external processes as an opportunity to grow and improve.
- Clear thinker in a fast-paced environment, energized by empowerment and accountability.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Currently work from home however expect return to office in some capacity in future.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social