This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Design Engineer
The Senior Design Engineer position is an integral role in the design, development and implementation of innovative products. In addition to product level and subsystem design ownership responsibilities, this position will also provide regular and consistent design guidance to other design engineers, as well as drive coordination with manufacturing and commercial teams, to ensure all consumer and design for manufacturing requirements are met.
What you will Do
- Work with a cross functional team to develop product concepts led by community feedback.
- Help foster concepts to validate ideas and optimize customer value
- Guide junior engineers through the innovation process of FirstBuild
- Use 3D CAD software to conduct and coach other engineers on structural component and subsystem design and/or analysis
- Function as a Senior Design Engineer in a team setting, responsible for providing mechanical design guidance, optimized solutions around community or commercial specifications, safety, quality and performance that align to execution schedules of programs
- Generate product specifications for product development programs
- Execute with leadership through all product development phases
- Develop Intellectual Property around all innovations
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of engineering experience, or significant hands-on /maker experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global environment and participate in global conference calls during flexible times.
- Strong project management and analytical/problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to scope and analyze cross-functional problems to generate/implement solutions.
- Proven ability to influence and drive change and implement creative solutions to launch new products
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
Some supplier travel may be required depending on the project.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with manufacturing processes including Plastic Injection Molding, Compression Rubber, Sheet Metal, Extrusion, Die Casting, Machining, Anodization, and Soft goods technologies.
- Demonstrated leadership on design projects
- Ability to communicate and present technical information effectively to a technical audience
- Fluent in using 3D CAD software for designing and evaluating metal fabricated parts.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.