Principle Quality Analyst
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9994
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Principle Quality Analyst
The Principle Quality Analyst supports the Refrigeration Quality Group. This role will work as part of the cross-functional appliance factory organization to reduce the overall Cost of Quality (COQ). They will provide leadership/strategy for response/resolution of field quality issues across the Appliance network. The focus of the role is to serve as the product quality liaison between the plant and the field while driving continuous improvement.
What you will Do
- Lead COQ team to drive SCR down 10% year over year.
- Track and communicate overall performance of the product in the field by measuring Concessions, Damage, Warranty, and Insurance by subsystem/area.
- Analyze trends and work with Design & Manufacturing to provide detail data, parts, units to understand root cause and corrective actions.
- Facilitate the communication of customer concerns, issues, and trends to all functions, including the shop floor.
- Analyze SCR data daily and COQ data weekly. Escalate issues as necessary. Track issue resolution and verify effectiveness.
- Monitor platform hazard plots data to drive project improvements.
- Monitor calls after issue resolution to verify issues were resolved.
- Manage all Quality Holds from issue to resolution. Define and carry out timely resolution.
- Reconcile data between Quality Hold and Product Deployment systems.
- Communicate status of Quality Holds weekly to Product Management, Distribution and Quality.
- Review rework procedures and communicate to warehouse rework teams. Coordinate resources and equipment and oversee execution of reworks.
- Advise/recommend rework procedure, method, required resources
- Coordinate actions/repairs in ADCs, containment in plant
- Communicate result of implementation
- Verify results of implementation
- Key liaison and factory contact for Field Service Techs, Technical Assistance Group, and Customer Relations on issues related to our product. Assists in the creation and implementation of Service Bulletins.
- Interface with catalog team and service part team to ensure correct parts / supersedure of parts on Roper built product.
- Develop and maintain case base reasoning for Save the Call. Own Save the Call performance, case base reasoning (CBR), and call taker training to improve save rates; develop content for customer education videos and web-based information.
- Analyze Damage return for Factory vs Distribution root cause and initiate projects with the appropriate teams.
- Analyze Consumer Acceptance Test (CAT) Lab data and review with Design Engineers.
- Escalate CAT Lab Alerts to Manufacturing and Design engineers.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelors Science Engineering or comparable work experience required.
- High initiative, self-starter, proactive, dedicated, results oriented, a team player.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to drive change.
- Strong project management and analytical/problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to scope and analyze cross-functional problems to generate/implement solutions.
- Computer skills - proficiency in Microsoft products (especially Excel) and ability to grasp new systems quickly.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- 2+ years of plant/high-volume manufacturing/operations, or quality role.
- Excellent project tracking and detailed planning skills.
- 5+ hears of plant/high-volume manufacturing experience.
- Quality Leadership Experience.
- Experience working with service call rate (SCR)/warranty/field data.
- Desire to work in plant/manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of highly automated Appliances, automotive component or similar high volume, low mix manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Some domestic travel may be required, but less than 10%.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Daily factory interaction with production team is required in the shop factory labs.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social