This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Material Flow Engineer - AME
The Senior Material Flow Engineer will be a member of the AME (Advanced Manufacturing Engineering- Central Materials) team. The position will optimize space, transportation, equipment and conveyance to the factory line. In addition, it will be Responsible for supporting the Advance Materials Engineering team in developing lean material flow processes and systems and provide creative and forward thinking to the material flow process including supply base capabilities, material handling and material control systems.
What you will Do
- Support the Advanced Materials Engineering team in developing lean material flow processes and systems.
- Provide creative and forward thinking to the material flow process including supply base capabilities, material handling and material control systems.
- Evaluate processes in all areas of material handling and optimizes those process before implementing automation.
- Analyze economic factors when developing alternatives to propose a maximized solution and optimize total cost.
- Ability to develop, launch and validate projects at multiple sites simultaneously.
- Work with selected suppliers to ensure project schedules are met and within the defined budget while meeting all success factors.
- Continually research new technology solutions to improve the supply chain.
Standards and Compliance:
- Ensure all equipment executed in GEA factories comply with Industry and Governmental Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) standards.
- Utilize Human Organizational Performance (HOP) principles to ensure that all equipment / tooling / processes are implemented with the health and safety of the operators in mind.
- Work with functional leaders to ensure equipment & processes support business initiatives of Bill of Process (BoP), Lean Manufacturing, Ergonomic Design and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
Cross-functional Work and Leadership:
- Work with factory operations and Lean teams to understand the Value Stream and how your projects impact this. Ensure material flow, workstation setup, model mix, etc. are considered when workstations / equipment are designed.
- Develop a strong working relationship with Material Management leadership at all facilities supported.
- Work cross functionally to eliminate waste in the supply chain including the integration of material automation with manufacturing processes.
- Deliver guidance, and training for cross-functional team members with regard to material flow. Provide documentation and training to maintenance and shop floor personnel.
- Utilize technical and project experience to add to the APS (Appliance Production System) and AME teams’ body of knowledge to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization and company.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Supply Chain or related discipline
- 5+ years' hands on experience with manufacturing, logistics or supply chain including experience in Transportation and Logistics.
- Understand and have experience with implementation of large projects that effect all manufacturing plants.
- Strong computer knowledge including ERP systems, TMS, Access, Project, and MS Office
- Travel of 30-40% post Covid.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.