Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Site Leader
Selmer, TN, United States
| ID: REQ-10046
USA, Louisville, KY
USA, Selmer, TN
Job Posting Title
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Site Leader
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) MRO Site Leader –Lead a team of AMEs in program execution. This is a hands-on leadership role and the leader will be expected to provide leadership to the team in addition to owning projects themselves. The AME Site Leader will be expected to work with the full cross-functional team to ensure all program metrics are delivered. They will provide guidance to the Program Manager and Site on manufacturing tooling, equipment and processes to ensure robust manufacturing/technical solutions are deployed. The AME Site Leader will also be a key liaison between the program and the plant operations teams; ensuring that plant priorities and objectives are clearly understood and considered.
What you will Do
- Manage all manufacturing and operational deliverables for site programs.
- Ensure that programs are following the NPI process. Lead business level communications on manufacturing status of the program. This includes preparing and presenting iP reviews, executive updates and other reviews as required.
- Own and drive the following program metrics: manufacturing labor plan (VLOH), equipment and tooling budgets and quality of in-house manufactured parts/product. Work with the program team to perform trade-off analysis on competing metrics if necessary and drive decisions based on overall business impact.
- Manage and mentor AME team members. Allocate overall program manufacturing requirements within the team ensuring team members execute to program metrics within GE specifications and guidelines.
- Manage all manufacturing and operation risk for the program. Continually identify, track and mitigate risk through the life of the program. Provide feedback to program core team to ensure manufacturing risk impact is understood within the total program scope. Ensure significant risks and risks that cannot be mitigated within program resources are elevated to the leadership team in a timely manner.
- Champion the use Lean tools and principles. Utilize cross-functional participation to ensure that the equipment and processes are compatible with the entire value stream. Efforts should include: right-sized equipment, workstation design, material presentation, standard work and single piece flow.
- Manage capital equipment procurement projects: Including specification development utilizing GE standards, supplier selection, early supplier engagement, technical reviews, factory layout development, installation and qualification of equipment. Ensure all tooling and equipment is reliable and robust and designed to maximize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Comply with EHS and ergonomic requirements; utilize Human Organizational Performance (HOP) principles to ensure that all equipment / tooling / processes are implemented with the health and safety of the operators in mind.
- Work with factory operations and Lean teams to develop and manage an effective factory transition/integration plan. Utilize program builds to learn, develop and optimize production processes.
- Work with the product line AME Manager to ensure program projects and plant projects are not counterproductive as well as identify potential opportunities to utilize project and plant resources together to drive additional benefits. Communicate program status, significant events and resource constraints to AME Product Line Leader on a regular basis.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Technology in scoping new programs for MRO.
What you need to Succeed
Qualifications / Requirements
- Technical Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years hands on experience in manufacturing equipment and processes
- Experience managing capital equipment procurement projects: Including specification development, supplier selection, technical reviews, installation and qualification of equipment
- Prior experience in a large scale manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills – will be expected to provide program report outs to executive leadership team
- Prior NPI program experience
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of cross-functional program deliverables and ability to drive decisions based on the overall benefit to the company
- Significant travel will be required
- BS degree in Engineering
- Manufacturing project leadership experience; demonstrated ability to manage an engineering team, manage program risk to meet technical & commercial requirements
- Direct management experience for highly skilled engineering teams
- Experience with assembly line design, automation and / or sealed systems manufacturing processes
- Experience with implementing Lean process improvement in a manufacturing operation
- Thorough understanding of cross-functional NPI process
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Scheduler (or equivalent) and AutoCAD
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social