· Maintains robots in working order, from set-up, programming, installing, and debugging Install, program, or repair programmable controllers, robot controllers, end-of-arm tools, or conveyors.
· Develop and maintain standard work around specified equipment usage.
· Maintain service records of robotic equipment or automated production systems.
· Modify computer-controlled robot movements.
· Perform preventive or corrective maintenance on robotic systems or components.
· Perform on-call emergency repairs of robotic system equipment as necessary
· Perform robot program changes such as logic, software, and path alterations through either off-line or on-line methodology.
· Provide robot-specific or systems training in an informal environment to facility as required.
· Provide feedback to management on resolution of current issues.
· Programs inputs/outputs.
· Troubleshoots process problems and monitors equipment to identify potential errors.
· Develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of errors.
· Improves cycle time and throughput by adjusting robot path or functions.
· Assists in the integration, start-up and debugging of plant floor equipment.
· Provides support in the analysis and resolution of welding failures.
· Installs and configures appropriate hardware and software options.
· Performs electrical diagnosis and recommends repair, or repairs as needed
· Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Technical Leader.
· Support projects to improve processes and address corrective actions.
· Operate in a LEAN manufacturing environment and strive to suggest process improvements
· Identify quality issues and troubleshoot to resolution with production team.
Proper communication in pre-shift and end-of-shift meetings, including accurate documentation.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.