USA, Sacramento, CA
USA, Fresno, CA, USA, Oakland, CA, USA, San Francisco, CA, USA, San Jose, CA, USA, Silicon Valley, CA
Job Posting Title
GE Appliances Senior Area Sales Manager – Builder Channel (Central Valley/Sacramento)
GE Appliances’ Senior Area Sales Manager (ASM) for the Builder Channel is responsible for sales activities within assigned contract/builder accounts in the Northwest region, specifically the Central Valley/Sacramento markets and surrounding areas. The ASM manages all aspects of the customer experience including quality and consistency of product delivery.
What you will Do
- Responsible for selling and promoting appliances to new and existing customers, builders, developers, and authorized distributors in the Central Valley/Sacramento area.
- Execute and deliver all sales and margin operating plan goals.
- Identify new business opportunities and develop marketing strategies to grow the territory with an awareness of potential channel conflicts.
- Build strong customer relationships through solution selling and resolve issues that arise.
- Analyze market and sales strategy.
- Analyze competitive landscape and determine opportunities.
- Develop and conduct sales training.
- Perform administrative functions to meet deadlines.
- Ability to cold call prospective accounts and turn the opportunity from a prospect to a purchasing account.
What you need to Succeed
- Desire to work from a home office.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Qualified applicants must be willing to live in or near the territory including Greater Sacramento, Fresno, and surrounding areas
- Minimum of 5 years relevant sales experience or graduate of the GE Appliances Commercial Development Program
- Experience in developing, organizing and implementing sales plans that support business objectives.
- Ability to develop and strengthen customer relationships.
- Proven negotiation skills, must be tenacious at driving sales to obtain results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Must have a strong initiative and ability to work independently. Must be self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Cold calling sales experience preferred.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management as well as peers.
- Prior GE Appliances sales experience.
- 2+ years business to business wholesale contractor sales experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in appliance sales.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.