Senior Director, Digital Technology Operations & Lifecycle Management
Louisville, KY, United States
| Information Technology
| ID: REQ-10060
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Director, Digital Technology Operations & Lifecycle Management
This role leads GE Appliances’ Digital Technology Operations and Lifecycle Management teams, responsible for providing technical vision and strategic direction for the DT operations. The role provides strategic oversight of Managed Services Provider relationships to ensure service levels are maintained and evolve to meet the changing needs of the organization. The Senior Director, Digital Technology Operations & Lifecycle Management provides critical inputs into the digital transformation strategy, developing lifecycle management roadmaps, and developing people and processes to ensure infrastructure and services are aligned with overall business goals.
What you will Do
- Design and drive Digital Transformation and strategic initiatives for GEA as a part of the GEA CDO Staff.
- Efficiently manage a multimillion-dollar budget and deliver value that far exceeds the spend.
- Provide overall management, technical and financial direction for projects that span resources globally, in conjunction with our Managed Services Provider (MSP).
- Develop solutions that lay a strong foundation for business goals and solve complex business problems while focusing on Total Cost of Ownership in partnership with our MSP.
- Provide outstanding leadership, development and motivation to the End User Services, Infrastructure Operations, Application Operations and Lifecycle Management teams.
- Ensure that the organization has the required skills and capabilities to implement the sourcing and procurement strategies. Develop and ensure employee capability through performance management processes, talent reviews, training and development and effective staffing decisions.
- Implement technology standards to ensure compatibility and integration and compliance with GEA enterprise standards in application, infrastructure and data.
- Become the cheer leader and champion for the team and build a great image for the team with GEA’s leadership and stakeholders. Partner with members on the CDO staff to deliver capabilities that reach into the different pillars for supporting all the current and upcoming technologies.
- Design and manage performance management processes that deliver results far exceeding expectations. Aligns individual performance goals and measures systematically; consistently uses them to drive performance.
- Partner with all the vertical organizations within the Digital Technology team, as well as the MSP, by leveraging metrics-based processes to support the growth engine of GEA.
- Create and sustain understanding of business processes and technologies within the Managed Services Provider. Participate in the deployment of GEA’s strategic imperatives.
- Ensure thorough financial planning and meticulous tracking of service level agreements (SLA’s) to ensure adherence with the MSP while maintaining a partnership-based relationship.
- Enable Digital Transformation for GEA through a platform approach and ushering in cutting-edge technologies in conjunction with the advanced technology pillar.
- Provide leadership to ensure that all projects meet the strategic objectives for the infrastructure area as well as End User Services.
- Leverage vendor partners to keep in sync with changing technologies and help the organization scale using Cloud and Advanced Infrastructure tools and solutions. Support a Multi-Cloud strategy to efficiently leverage the strengths of AWS, GCP, and OCI at the best cost.
- Seek and build partnerships to leverage advantages of various Cloud and ecosystem partners to deliver on key lifecycle management programs to maintain the health of systems.
- Ensure all infrastructure is current from a security and version standpoint to avoid obsolescence.
- Sunset obsolete systems by working in conjunction with the DT executive staff members.
- Maintain End User service-level scores by delivering satisfactory services through the MSP Help Desk and systems.
- Manage on-premises infrastructure within manufacturing plants and data centers as a private cloud while generating the most value out of the equipment and data center facilities.
- Ensure we are meeting our systems availability goals by engaging in all DR, Data Center Management, Backups & Audit activities.
- Respond both reactively and proactively to issues enabling resolutions across all DT systems.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, information science or related field.
- 12 or more years of prior relevant experience in roles of increasing responsibility within the information systems operations area.
- 5 or more years of prior relevant experience with Managed Services Provider.
- Possess technical depth and knowledge of public cloud, database, integrations, network, compute and storage.
- Understand technology directions, trends and strategic business impact of key business and IT initiatives.
- Strong leadership ability that energizes multi-functional work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to business needs.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business principles, processes and technology and demonstrated competency in business and technical architecture.
- Strong oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Experience leading teams that innovate and develop new digital products in US as well as India. Proven track record of leading complex, multidisciplinary talent teams in new endeavors and delivering solutions.
- Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines at senior levels to engage, influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
- Information strategy experience; experience in strategic technology planning and execution, and policy development and maintenance.
- Experience operating at an enterprise-wide level, aligning priorities with broader goals, measures outcomes.
- Demonstrates awareness of internal and external dynamics, and an acute perception of the dimensions of business issues.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the existing systems and technologies of the organization. Works with technology stakeholders to identify and prioritize opportunities for innovation in the existing systems and technology.
- Master's degree in business administration, computer science, data science, information science or related field.
- 15 years of prior relevant experience in roles of increasing responsibility within software engineering, infrastructure, architecture and design.
- 5 years of experience leading a software/product development or related team(s) with experience operating at a Director-level or above role.
- Experience building strategic, multiyear and multi-million-dollar partnerships.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- 10% travel required for domestic and/or international travel to customer sites/ plants, etc.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social